So Excited

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

liamty

I have finally heard from Roache Aust and have information for the coagucheck s. They are so helpful.
For other 'foreigners', given our A$ is so rotten, I had expected the machine would be almost double that of US$, but no, it is A$1200!!! They can even organise interest free payments over 12 months if needed!!! I'm writing to my insurance company asap.
I have a very dull life because this is really exciting to me!!! Isn't that sad!!

Hi

Don't expect your insurance company to share the excitement! You may have to go it alone, but it's well worth it in the long run. It your a hard vein stick, you know what I mean.

I think I was as excited as Jim when he got his Coaguchek S. Took a few attempts to get the testing right (mainly getting enough blood on the circle), and Roche had to send a new lancet thing as the spring was faulty on the first one, but now his results are consistently within 0.3 of the clinic (exactly the same last time). Now all we have to do is convince them he can test at home and not need to go to them as well.... The haematologist brushed it off the first time we asked back in April, saying there was no need. Well, I don't see why he needs all these blood tests at his doctor's when his results are practically the same..... Grrrr!!

Not sure if you'll want to know this, but in the UK the Coaguchek S is £399 ($1026.63 Australian, $728.028 US - thank you xe.com currency converter :) ), and Jim gets a box of 12 testing strips on prescription, for which he has to pay £6.40 (I think they're about £30.00 direct from Roche). The NHS ain't all bad :D .

Gemma.

I think it's a big thing to be excited about! :D I wish insurance companies would get with the program and realize that this will most likely cost them less in the long run because people would be able to monitor their INR better and less incidents would occur related to too high or too low readings.

Before I got my ProTime, I was horrible about going in to the lab and getting it checked. And I only live 1/2 mile from the lab. I can't imagine those folks who have to drive long distances.

Latest posts

Back