Six Weeks Post Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frank

Hi all, I can?t believe that its been 6 weeks since my mitral valve repair surgery and am very happy to report that I?m feeling very well. At four weeks post op I visited the surgeon and he said he was happy with my progress and released me for driving. At five weeks I visited the cardiologist and he said I could go back to work at 7 weeks post op so I?m planning to go back this Wednesday. He also wants to see me at 6 months post op for a follow-up echo. If all is well, than I?m to have echoes after that once per year.

I believe that I?m beginning to feel better than I did before the surgery. I?m now walking 45 minutes each day, which is about 2 miles, took my last coumadin Thursday and am now on an aspirin a day. The only thing that annoys me is that my resting heart rate is in the 80?s, prior to surgery it was in the low 60?s. The surgeon advised that he believes that it will eventually return to the 60?s. He also said that at 3 months post op I will be free of any limitations and can resume basketball and bowling.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for all the encouragement, prayers and advice. As many of you know, over the last 18 months I really struggled with the decision to have the surgery. Now that its over, I only wish I had followed the doctor?s recommendations sooner. What I?ve read on this site before was for me very true, the waiting was the hardest part.

Frank

Great news Frank!

I'm happy to hear all is well in the chest and welcome back to a healthy life.

Latest posts

Back