Short of Breath ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for your responses and sharing your experience. I do think that the feelings of shortness of breath was mostly in my head because it started after I found out my heart was worse and surgery was getting closer , but it's went away at this point . I can still exercise with good intensity and I can tackle stairs and longer fast paced walks without feeling winded .

I am taking everyone's advice to push to have the surgery soon but I'm in a weird situation where I need a non related procedure that has high bleeding risk so it's something I'd like to tackle before I most likely end up on anti-coagulants.

Unfortunately this particular surgeon I'm working with is having a hard time getting all my records from last doctors and I'm getting concerned that I may have to have the valve replaced before I can tackle this other procedure including the 3 -4 week recovery time .

Does anyone have experience with having major surgery with high bleeding risk on warfarin ? Are you able to come off of warfarin for 3-5 days for a procedure ?
Shortness of breath is not in your head. It is a real condition that needs to be told to your heart doctor and surgeon. And so sad that your surgeon is have a hard time getting your medical records. You can go to the hospital that the has your medical records and get your copy of what is needed. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back