Sept. 3

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SuperDragon

Dad is on what they called the C-PAP setting, meaning he is officially doing all the breathing on his own (with the vent still hooked up but only as a backup, not doing anything at the moment). They said they might test stepping down to the oxygen collar today, and if that works for a couple days, they could possibly then go the the nose thing and take out the trach. When I went in yesterday he had his first real meal in front of him and he was in the chair. He was wearing his glasses too. Major improvements. He knows he is off the vent currently and it has given him a little boost, but he's still determined to leave and not go back. Who would blame him? Next update later...

Steve

Go Ross, Go!!

Go Ross, Go!!

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for the updates, it's great to hear that your dad's making some real progress!:)

I can't imagine what your whole family has been going through all these weeks, (and to think I complained about spending a whole 8 days in the hospital) :rolleyes: ! You're all still in our thoughts and prayers.

Tell Dad to keep up the good work, and we'll be "talking" to him soon, Jean

Hi Steve-

Wonderful!!! Ross is comin' on strong.

I know what you mean about him wanting to say,"I'm outta here!". When my husband has been in for what he considers too long, regardless of whether it's a good idea or not, he's got one foot out the door and the other ready to pull out all the equipment. I have to talk "turkey" to him on those occasions and sometimes I'm pretty tough, because to go home before it's prudent will just buy you another trip back into the hospital. So tell Ross that he's got to wait until he's completely ready medically and is safe to go home. We don't want him back in there for any reason. I'm sure you concur.

It's fantastic that he's eating and in the chair with his glasses on. Getting the tube out will be the biggest boost.

BIG Hi from Nancy and Joe.

Go Ross Go!

I hope you are outta that place very soon and back home where you belong

Hey Steve!

This is VERY encouraging news!! I am just very happy to hear that he's getting real food and doing some O2 on his own, and the chair and glasses. Major steps forward. Thanks for the update. Give him a big HI ROSSO for me if you remember!

Jennie

That is fantastic news. Please let your dad know that I am thinking of him.

Card

Card

Janie, Loved the card..What did the inside say. Oh ____:D :D Getting close to bombarding Ross with cards. I'll say when..get them handy for a go date.:D Bonnie

Hello Ross-hello to all of Ross's family

Hello Ross-hello to all of Ross's family

Steve- so wonderful of you to keep us informed -once again thank you-
Please tell your dad & your Mom I am so glad to hear the latest news- it is simply wonderful!!

Will be thinking of all of you-continuing to say prayers for you-

My Best - Debbie

hi steve!
thank you for keeping us posted on your dad's condition. sounds like he is on his way to turning that corner in his recovery. sitting and eating and glasses on, etc._ sounds great!!!
please wish him all the best for us and let him know that we miss him and look forward to his return.
in the meantime, hope the rest of the family can get some rest now.
stay well, sylvia

Steve - Thanks for all the updates. It sounds like Ross is coming back much better now. Major improvements! I like that phrase. I hope to hear those words more often. Please let Ross know we are thinking about him.

Steve,

It's been a long hard battle for Ross and a frustrating time for you and the rest of the family, I'm sure. However, it seems that Ross has finally started turning the corner and is now making slow and steady progress.

We hope you keep sending us more stories of Ross' continuing progress in the coming days and that he is able to return to his home fairly soon.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Ron K

Latest posts

Back