sent hubby for hospital supplies. Ladies might relate more, not intended to be sexist

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluefields409

Due to rush and clearly not thinking what I was tossing in bag I realized I had forgotten some necessities. I recalled how it was common experience due to stress for nature to ah "show up". So... Ask hubby to visit the feminine hygiene aisle which he agreed to do without hesitation.Poor man was astounded by the selection but valiantly did his best to get the necessities. Alas the clarification regarding (paper vs plastic) was an oversight as was the quantity. I now have a gross of "paper" not my preference . I reckon I am good if I don't hit menopause until i am 80.:biggrin2:

I also recall reading with a wee smile about some brave ladies who have gone before me, appreciated seeing the suggestion that lovely polished toes can peek back and make them feel girly amidst everything. I have yet to have a male confirmation of this benefit for them. If not, perhaps it is all about their colour choice. :wink2:

Anyhow, dearest hubby visited the local cosmetic dept. @ wal-mart. I did say no neon and would prefer a subtle understated tone. He chose what at first glance is nude but from an angle has a strong green iridescent quality. I have duly painted and put on his to do list is when I am "on tube" to put socks on because likely "my feet will be chilly". Bless his heart he tried.

What was even more amusing me for his recounting of talking to various sale clerks to assist him. He said they were female:rolleyes: but I think they HAD to be men based on the results. :wink2:

Final item was flip flops for the shower, He packed 2 left feet flippies, which has been rectified as of this evening. I was going to ask him to get a non underwire bra but well, i will happily settle for tank tops to keep wee girls in place post instead. The way things were going I was afraid I would end a teddy with the no material over the nipples. Not best suited for any post cardiac surgery area.

I will soon have shampoo and conditioner which are understandable oversights and certainly not a priority if you only have a goatee.

I am blessed with a supportive and loving man and I am thankful. :)

Helen

p.s. sorry frequent posting, but this is is partially related to being stuck in hospital, (I have puter at disposal and tunes blaring in earpbuds) as room mate is very ill:( but I must mask out the sound effects. I am a vomit-phobe.

It does sound like a very supportive husband. My husband let me know before we got married that the one thing he would never do for me was purchase feminine products. Hoe your are doing well and get home soon.

Debbie

I was lucky the hospital gave me whatever I needed, I really wanted to shower but no luck for 2 days, the rules in CICU say no. so on the 3rd day when I was in the step down unit the nurse gave me a cool shower cap that they keep in the blanket warmer cabinet. It was sealed in a package, you put it on your head and rub it around take it off and your hair is nice and clean. It was so handy. I have to say the best part about coming home was a shower and sleeping in my own bed. (and seeing my pugs)

I think we have those special shower caps here today. I was allowed another shower this am (BLISSS!) but that will be it until pre-op shower. I do have a can of spray dry shampoo but i suspect it will not be high on my post-op priority list.

I too am looking forward to the first at home shower, not sure if bed /couch or lounger will be my sleep zone but i think I will rotate as needed. I don't have pugs but recent reports our foster kitties as flourishing and bonding with our older kitties and I am looking forward to kitty-cardio rehab :)

I would love to rent-a-pug (puppy) but I think might be pushing it.

Latest posts

Back