Self-measurement of INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

William McQueen

I hear there is a self-testing system by the name of "CoaguCheck".

Has anyone had any experience with this instrument by boehringer-mannheim?

Thanks very much.

Home testing

Home testing

I believe members..Gina and Matxr home test with a coaguacheck.There are perhaps 15 of us who have purchased the Protime machine. Look down at the 7th heading on the forum..They have their own site. It runs around $2,000. Some insurances pay..some do not. Bonnie

My cardiologist and I both own one. Good unit. I have been self testing for a few years now.

Re: Coaguchek

Re: Coaguchek

I've had mine for over four years and very pleased with it. Its been dropped, frozen, overheated, etc. and still works well.I chose it over the Protime( which is also an accurate instrument) because a small drop of blood on the test strip ($6.00) placed with a capillary tube is easy and does the job. I had trouble filling the Protime cup. Try both and see which one you like

Last edited:
Coaguchek

Coaguchek

Hello Bill,
Being in Canada you can more easily obtain a Coaguchek through
Roche Diagnostics. Their distributor in Toronto is Medical Mart and can be reached at 905 624 6200/800 268 2848. You had mentioned about Wafarin and increased calcification in a recent post. Since I do have this problem and am on wafarin I would like to get some more details. Do you have an article or reference that I can refer to? Thanks, Chris

Latest posts

Back