Revo Surescan Pacing system

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeddyLee

Does anybody here have the Medtronic Revo MRI-safe pacemaker? I received one of these, so as to continue my annual MRI to check my aorta dilation. I am a bit nervous about my next MRI, as I now have a pacemaker. I know that they must be completely safe or they wouldnt market them as MRI-safe, but my wandering mind, and Google search have helped me think of a million scenarios where something insane happens when I'm getting an MRI. Anyway, has anyone had an MRI with one of these?

I have not had this done but at the hospital I work at we have done these. From what I understand patients are required to go to where they get their pacemaker managed and have them put the pacemaker into a certain mode for getting an MRI. Then go to get the MRI and the techs conducting the MRI have to know how to set the MRI system within Revo limits. Because this is a special situation the doctor ordering the exam may do all the scheduling for you to make sure everything is done right. If you're told to call and schedule yourself make sure you let the scheduler know what you have I'm sure they have a "protocol" for this. Other then that it should be a piece of cake for you and don't focus too much on the what ifs.

Speaking of what ifs... Couple days ago I was coming home from a Dodger game and was using a friends new car that's a hybrid. When you stop it turns the car off and when you let your foot off the brake it starts up again, in other words there's a slight delay when stepping on the gas to accelerate from a stop. This little "flaw" saved my life, I was waiting at a red light. The light turned green, the car hesitated to start up again as I stepped on the gas to proceed and another car came blasting through a red light right before my eyes. If I was in my own car non hybrid I would of got side swiped so bad that I probably would of been killed.

Moral of the story, you could die from choking on cheerios. Probably not getting an MRI with a Revo. :biggrin2:

Haha yeah yeah, I know I really have nothing to fear. I really need to quit reading stuff on the internet. The more time I have, the more I read about all of these what-ifs. Seriously though, thanks, it is always reassuring to have a little bit of insight in to the process.

Moral of the story, you could die from choking on cheerios. Probably not getting an MRI with a Revo. :biggrin2:

I love it!!!!

Also, when I had my MRI's done pre-surgery I asked the technicians lots of questions about future MRIs with my future valve, etc. They had a very strong protocol for valve's, pace-makers, etc. They said that you do not enter an MRI until a full system of checks and balances is performed and them make sure that machine is self-tested and adjusted before each test for each person individually.

Back