Question about Coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wale passion, Good news

Wale passion, Good news

Thanks for the reply. I've been so worried since I read your post. I'm glad to know that your INR is in range. This board is great and the right place for learning about coumadin and all of its properties. Everyone is helpful and willing to share knowledge and experiences. I think your first post here may have been missed by many because it is at the end of a long thread. May I suggest that you begin a new thread under "Small Talk" and introduce yourself. Perhaps you can share what you have already said here. I can assure you that you will have many responses and the opportunity to meet many others who have traveled the road that you are now on. I am the spouse of one who had valve replacement, so I can't speak from first hand experience, which I think would benefit you.

With regard to coumadin, the dosage is different for individual people. Some people need 2 and others more. One person here takes 19.5. In that regard, there is no high or low. The real concern is the INR. It is important that it stay within range. You will find that people here, including my husband would rather have a highINR than a low one. Bleeding can be controlled. A stroke can not. Your levels can vary all over the place at first. It takes some people a long time to get regulated, and then they still have to adjust from time to time. I don't think you are doing anything that would cause your levels to be so low. But, when they are below 2.5, you need to make sure that your doctor knows so that she/he can change your dosage. But, if you wish, you will learn all that as you go along. May I also suggest that you check out the posts in the Coumadin section? We do have a resident expert on Coumadin who posts on the boards. Al Lodwick runs an Anticoagulation Clinic and is a Nationally recognized expert in the field. You may want to checkout his website at www.warfarinfo.com

Again, welcome. I look forward to learning and sharing with you in future.

Kind regards,
Blanche

Latest posts

Back