Qas

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rlbaird

Last year I did a little research on the INR testing machine from QAS and found it to be very expensive. I know my insurance will cover most of it, but it still leaves a large cost for me. My Doctor's office uses the INR machine when I have my semi-annual visit otherwise I go through Quest for the blood work. In August when I spoke to my cardiologist about the INR machine, he was not familiar with such thing. I figure if the diabetics can take care of their dosage control, why can't I and follow up on a monthly bases.

I looked into getting one of the machines a couple years ago, but the cost factor was against it. If I got my own machine, it would cost me perhaps a fourth of the cost. But I have a coumadin clinic not far away with a finger stick test on a Coaguchek machine. The way the insurance works out, it costs me nothing to go there, so I go every week. If I had to have a veinous draw, I would definitely find it worth my while to pay the fourth of the cost as out of pocket.

Latest posts

Back