prescription drugs purchased in Canada

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom Harrison

Awhile back someone asked about purchasing prescription drugs in Canada. The site rxnorth.com connects to a large on line operation run by several pharmacists set up in a rural community in Manitoba. I have heard good things about them but have not used the site myself as I can purchase Coumadin at lower prices through a pharmacy in a large discount grocery chain here.

You have now given me something to do with my free time. I looked up 5mg Warfarin and 5mg Coumadin-QTY 100. Both were $24.94. I'll do some investigating when time allows and see what else I can come up with. ;)

candarx.net

candarx.net

I ordered coumadin from candarx.net a few months back and am in the process of refilling this order now.
I have not had any issues with them and it the order was shipped even faster that it was promised.

This may be a real stupid question.... are the RX medications sold in Canada of the same exact chemical make up of the US counterpart? Same manufacturer, etc.

My parents are out over $1000 a month in drug costs. If they can get the same medication at a lesser cost, safly...... will pass the info on.

Thanks

Almost all pharmaceuticals are produced in North America or Western Europe. By and large they all meet the same standards when they are produced. A problem might arise concerning storage in some hot, humid climates with poor electrical systems. All of the countries do not have the same drugs approved for use in those countries. But anything purchased in North America or Western Europe should be of a high quality standard. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with things from third-world countries, just that there might be.
Occassionally we hear of Customs issues but for the most part they do not bother reasonable quantities of pharmaceuticals for one's own use.

Hello All:

My friend has been using a pharmacy in Winnepeg for a year with good results. Our doctor recommends 3 places and this is one. When you order, you need to watch out for physician review fees, pharmacist dispensing fees, and multiple shipping charges.
Canada Meds charges $19.99 for shipping of one or more prescriptions and does not charge any other fees. My friend especially liked the toll free number and the high quality customer service she received. You can get quotes, in Canadian dollars and American dollars, and all sorts of other information at their website, which is www.canadameds.com

The Wall Street Journal today had a story that the Customs Service is working to get a ban on shipping drugs from Canada to the US.

Back