Post surgery garb

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jean Sisco

Jennifer,

I agree with all said ahead of me including about the bra.

I took pjs, but never wore them...did use my robe for the walking which I started day 3...walk, walk, walk.

When I left, day 5, I wore jeans (loose) and a large sweatshirt with a large soft waffle weave undershirt (It was in January too). I would wear elastic waist pants if I did it again though, buttoning the jeans just torqued the sternum too much. Socks weren't necessary as they gave me socks with rubber patterns on the sole, so I didn't even worry about slippers.

I did take and use body lotion and facial moisturizers. I really dried out all over. I didn't wash my hair until we got home where my husband could help. I used a little make-up on day 4 and 5.

I took my walkman and earphones and tapes...I enjoy my music and it helped block out the noise when I was trying to sleep. I brought lots to read, but really didn't do any. If Bill wasn't there I slept...unlike a lot of people here, I just zonked out all the time.

Good luck and know we will be praying for you.

Thanks Jean. I do have my CD walkman which my husband gave me for my birthday last month and my cassette walkman too and I am planning on taking both of them. The last day or so I have been collecting front opening fleece tops which should help. I guess I'll need to lay in a supply of the pull-on fleece pants too.
My major fear is being cold in the hospital as I tend to be overly sensitive that way.

Jennifer

Latest posts

Back