Post-Replacement Sneezing?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

steve c

Hi All!

As Sept. 5 (Replacement Day) draws near I was wondering if anyone has any hints on (post-op) sneezing?

It seems to me that, somewhere among these posts, someone suggested a "pressure point" on the face that can actually "cut of" a sneeze before it arrives.

Just thought I'ld ask. Thanks!

Steve

sneeze

sneeze

Steve
Good luck with the sneeze. You know, thank goodness a sneeze only lasts a second, or we would croak of it. However, it aint THAT bad. What helped me the most, was grabbing my pillow (my chest pillow) and holding it as tight as I could against my chest. Kinda like giving myself a hug. Also, I found after that first accidental sneeze, you learn how to suppress them! Always look away from the light, as that stimulates a sneeze. Other than that, I dont know what to tell you.

Push your finger quite hard just under your nose. That should avert the sneeze.

:D Notice I didn't say into your nose LOL

Nancy's right. Finger straight, under nose, above the lip. Works every time - except those that you get NO WARNING about! Those seem to be the strongest. A hint - after the unexpected sneeze, while you are desperately clutching your pillow, curse, pray, yell, or say "I am dying this very minute". Seems to help.:D :D :D

Steve, I don't know about the pressure point, but do know that you should keep a pillow (or a stuffed animal if not too soft) handy at all times. Later, after my incision had healed somewhat, I placed my hand on my chest whenever I sneezed or coughed.

Good luck with your surgery... we'll be praying for you.

Take care,
Zazzy

Steve I can tell you that sneezing is the least favorite thing in my life right now. It has been 5 weeks since avr for me and boy sneezing and laughing really bites. As for how to stop it when I feel one coming on I squeeze my nose tightly for a few seconds and it goes away. I don't know how scientific that is but it works in my case. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Keep that pillow very handy.:D :D

Thanks everyone!

I'll be sure not to...turn my nose up on any of this advise.

(Maybe they can fix my "Bad Joke Syndrome" while they're in there, also.)

Will talk later!

Steve

Latest posts

Back