pain in right forearm above wrist just past elbow/

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bramma22002

I had right forearm pain just above wrist & just past elbow-not up to my shoulder - the pain lasted about 10 minutes-it was an all encompassing 'inside' pain meaning that it was from no specific focal point in the above mentioned total area. It was a very intense & 'wearing' pain & no change of position with the arm minimized it. The veins in my arms on the underside at wrists are not usually visable, but during this episode my right arm veins in that area were 'popping' out. I have not had an injury and I wasn't doing anything but sitting when it happened. I have had non pitting swelling in the tissue in my right & left arm just above wrist & up to elbow for many years - it has been referred to as lymphedema by my cardiologist. I do have moderate aortic valve regurg, mild mitral valve prolapse/stenosis, coronary blockage but not 'bad' enough to 'fix' yet according to a recent angiogram, and I am on Synthroid for hypothyroid disease (Hashimoto's disease).

Has anyone had this kind of pain before? Does anyone have tissue swelling like this? Does sudden pain come with lymphedema - blood clots? Is lymphedema linked at all to aortic valve disease? -- I am not necessarily concerned with the possibility of a heart attack as presenting the symptom of this lower arm pain -or should I have been??

If you have time -please help -thank you -
Debbie (or Bramma22002).

Hi Debbie

I used to have alot of pain in my left arm and shoulder and
wrist.
At the time I did not now I had a heart problem. I Passed it
off as carpel's tunnel because I work in an office and do
alot of key boarding and writing.
I ended up with endocarditis that fall and they replaced my mitral
valve. Have not had any problems since. I now have a leaky
aortic valve that will probably be fixed soon. But the symptoms
in my arm are gone. Better check with your cardiologist about
your problem. Tell him you are concerned and need some
answers.
Hope this helps!
:p Judy

Jbriau-
Judy-
Thank you for your reply-I will call my cardiologist. - You are right -he needs to know.
I hope all goes well with you when you have your aortic valve surgery.
Take care-
Debbie

no answer from doctor about right arm pain

no answer from doctor about right arm pain

I talked to my cardiologist & he ordered an EKG>the reading was ok- BUT-I still don't have any answers as to why I had the pain in my right arm-I had some 'residual' after effects in my right arm for about 5 days>some discomfort in mid-upper right arm. I know it wasn't the muscle anywhere in the arm that was causing pain-I am concerned and wish I could get more answers from the doctors other than the EKG was ok. I like my doctors in that they are nice people-but I have been frustrated many times over the years with not getting answers or at least better answers to questions than I have received. I have only recently through my own investigation on web sites found out that lymphedema is more serious than I was ever told by doctors. I am not one to to call or see a doctor very often in part because of 'no answers' frustration.---So, again I am asking if anyone else besides Judy has had this kind of right arm pain??> I have a previous post explaining the pain ("pain in right forearm above wrist just past elbow") Thank you for your response.

Hi Debbie-

Did you talk to your internist yet? Maybe it's something other than what the cardiologist usually deals with. If it were me I'd be asking about some investigation into bloodflow in that arm. Sounds like something either constricted the veins or temporarily blocked them.

You should be sort of pushy about it.

Hope you pursue it further. Good luck.

Thank you Nancy for your reply-I did talk to my internist about the right arm pain-the internist read the EKG-my cardio ordered it and if any indication of heart related problem my internist should contact him.>Because my cardio is 1 1/2 hours away-the EKG was done in my home town & my internist in my home town read it-My internist said he doesn't know what caused it & maybe a nerve could have been the source of the problem-no further investigation was done or offered.

I agree with you-I am not sure of course, but suspect some kind of blockage was possible.

Just makes sense doesn't it, you said the veins were standing out during the episode. Well, as long as you're feeling OK now. Maybe something got pinched a little in there. But if it feels funny any time in the future, get those guys moving.

Hi Debbie - there is a very good site you can to for some real professional advice - no diagnoses just advice. It is in www.about.com. Once in there go to heart disease/cardiology forum (Dr Richard N Fogoros)- messages. He is a nationally noted electrophysiologist cardiologist, best seller author, lecturer...... and he discusses many subjects of the heart and answers your questions personally. He has also written many articles and may direct you to one of them. Try it, you can't lose anything. I recommend it highly. God bless

Dear hensyee,

I just read your post to Debbie referring her to www.about.com. I went there and found the most down to earth plain talk descriptions yet. I was expecially encouraged about minimally invasive procedures being done in New York. Thanks, Queenie

Hi Queenie-

My husband had a minimally invasive mitral repair in July, in upstate New York. Don't know where in New York you were referring to.

Latest posts

Back