One year post-op check up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Hi-
One year check up went very well.
"Scarily normal" according to the cardio.

EKG looked normal, no signs of hypertrophy. So the heart muscle does shrink back to a normal size afterall.

Echo looked good. Aortic valve (my old pulmonic) has no leaks and isfunctioning normally. The pulmonic (the syrnergraft) has a small leak, but that's not uncommon, or unexpected and the cardio said he would consider it normal because the pulmonic side is so low pressure that I will never be able to tell.

I asked him about the high pressure on my old pulmonic, now in the arotic position and he said that the valve can take it. Seems that when we are in utero those two valves are subjected to the same pressure and develop the same, it's only after we are born that the pulmonic is under reduced pressure. So, it appears that the valve can take the high pressure in the aortic position.

I see the surgeon on the 29th and will post interesting tidbits I get from him, especially his take on the whole CryoLife mess.

Thanks for reading.
-Mara

That's great Mara!
Glad to hear all is well. It makes me feel better to read how well you are doing post-op being that I will be going through the Ross in the near future.
Thanks for posting your results.
Paula :)

Wonderful

Wonderful

Dear Mara,

Glad to hear the good news. Don't fret about that Cryolife stuff. You will be fine. I had my check up of my mechanical and they said no bad leaks.

Be happy and healthy,

Hi Mara

Hi Mara

So glad for you that things are gong according to plan and all is well . It doesn't seem a yr ..so Happy Anniversary too ...how is Hubby doing and when are you planning your trip to Scotland?
Take care and best wishes
Scottie

Gregg - Thanks. I am not too worried about the leaking pulmonic. Supposedly you can live without one.

Scottie-
THanks!
We are doing fine. We were supposed to come to Scotland in June, but did not make it. David is in the process of getting his Green Card over here and the evil immigration service would not let him leave the country. David's cousin got married in June (in Belfast, the bride is from there.) Anyway we were planning to come over summer of 2003, but now David's dad wants everyone to go to Disney World for a family holiday in July. Ughh. Florida is soooooo hot and humid in July. We like to get out of the heat. Scottish summer sounds better when the high temperature is only 70 Farenheit. Here in Indiana the summertime high is usually about 90 with high humidity. I think it's worse in Florida. But, the Scots love the hot, sunny weather for their summer holibags!
-Mara

Latest posts

Back