One year ago

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Hi all-
Well one year ago, July 12, was my Ross Procedure. I feel great!
Thanks to all on this site for encouragement and "been-there-done-that" advice.

-Mara:D

Congratulations

Congratulations

Well done, Mara! Congratulations on reaching this milestone. Here's hoping for many more!

Ross
Come on buddy, it's a hamster! She's not crying. She just woke up, so she's rubbing her eyes and face. You know hamsters sleep during the day. Geez, I figured you, king of the 'net, would have known that. You're loosing your grip. I'll chalk it up to impending surgery.

Mara - Congratulations on getting to one year. Hope you have good memories of the experience.

Mara,
Wonderful! It is so reassuring to hear you're doing so well after undergoing such major surgery. One year really is a big milestone...keep on truckin'!

Oh, and about your hampster--I thought Ross was very gentile in suggesting the movement represented tears. A less gentile net surfer would have interpreted it as Anna Nicole Smith on a trampoline.

--John

congratulations mara!
i'm so happy to hear that you have reached that one year mark. you were so crucial in helping joey make his final decision to have the ross procedure. we are thrilled for you!
wishing you many future anniversaries to come.
stay well, sylvia

She just woke up, so she's rubbing her eyes and face. You know hamsters sleep during the day.
Oh I see, says the blind man.
Congratulations on the anniversary. I didn't mean to leave that out with the hamster question. Your right though, I am losing my grip. :confused:

You Go Girl!!

You Go Girl!!

Hey Mara!

Congratulations on your big anniversary here!! Actually, BOTH anniversaries - the ring and the valve!! May you have many more years of health and happiness!

Jennie

Great going, Mara. You give me hope for my pulmonary SynerGraft too, even though, unlike yourself, I got it in the wrong place!:confused:

I am doing much better though. My TEE showed mild to moderate leakage and left ventricle size in the normal range. Having been a day away from resurgery, I'm now told by two surgeons that this SynerGraft buggy may indeed take me for the long ride after all!!:D

Congratulations on your dual anniversary.

Steve,
That is WONDERFUL news!!! The fact that your ventricle is back in normal range means something is definitely working right. Given your improvement, I wonder if the cellular repopulation of your pulmonary SynerGraft valve in the higher pressure aortic position has allowed for some remodeling, allowing for continuous improvement in function? No matter what the cause, I'm delighted you are not currently facing another surgery!

Good news like Mara's and yours makes all of new SynerGraft recipients VERY happy:) :) :)

Thanks for sharing your good news!
--John

Last edited:
Thanks to you too, John.

Lots of people have taken credit for my remarkable recovery. Dr. Zehr told me he had never seen such a remarkable improvement in such a short time. Those who've been praying for me have taken the credit and so have the SynerGraft believers!

Myself, I credit it first of all to a week spent horizontally, and secondarily to remodelling made possible by the SynerGraft treatment of the valve. Also, I believe that my body has adjusted to the medication which was causing the symptoms of fainting, swelling, etc.

Of course, prayer always helps too and I believe that the rest really got me into a better consciousness for healing.

Whatever the cause or cure, I sure hope it holds up over time. If it does, then there'll be enough credit to go around for everyone!

Thanks again,

HI Steve-

I've read all your posts today and I'm so heartened by the positive feeling you have. You really must be feeling much better. It shows in your posts. I'm so happy for you and hope this is the end of all the problems for you.

Latest posts

Back