One year ago this week

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsnuffles

Hi All,

One year ago on Thursday just gone, I had my Mitral valve repaired at the University of Wales hospital in Cardiff.

So much has happened to me since then and it feels really good to be sharing news of my one year valveversary with you. My wife and I moved to Ontario, Canada to live last October and I have secured a full time job and things are going really well. I am feeling very good in myself and see a big difference in my energy levels when out walking etc. I certainly don't get as out of breath as I did before the surgery.

The only thing I am finding is that my scar hasn't really faded as much as I'd have hoped. It is still very red and bumpy in places but as I have sensitive skin, I am putting it down to that and guess it may take longer to fade fully.

I do call back to site every few months to keep up with what's happening but I now don't find myself thinking about my surgery so often. I was told after my surgery that unless I have any reoccurring symptoms, I didn't need to go for an echo for 2 years so I will report back in 12 months with another update.

Cheers all,

Andrew

That's awesome that you're doing well Andrew! SO glad to hear it! And I too, share your sensitive skin, so I used Vitamin E capsules (poking them with a pin, then rubbing the Vit. E Oil on the scar every evening). It faded the scar within 3-5 months time! Hope this helps.
~Karen

Thanks Karen,

I will certainly give that a try. I used Bio oil for about 6 months and I did see some difference but for the last few months it hasn't changed. I wonder if the vitamin E in the available cream is more or less concentrated than in the capsules?

Andrew

That's awesome that you're doing well Andrew! SO glad to hear it! And I too, share your sensitive skin, so I used Vitamin E capsules (poking them with a pin, then rubbing the Vit. E Oil on the scar every evening). It faded the scar within 3-5 months time! Hope this helps.
~Karen

Latest posts

Back