OHS stats on cardios, surgeons?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catwoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Anyone ever see any statistics/numbers on OHS (specifically valve surgery) in cardiologists/surgeons? Wonder how many every get first-hand knowledge. More probably with bypass than valve repair/replacement.

I encountered a woman in St. Louis in November who said her dad is a cardiologist, has an aortic valve going south, but said he is adamant about NOT having surgery. Not sure I'd want him taking care of me...

I'll bet my bottom dollar that the cardiologist who doesn't want heart surgery will change his mind pretty darned fast when he starts to become very symptomatic. Not pleasant, not comfortable and it affects everything in your body head to toe 24/7, as most of ya'll know.

Nancy said:
I'll bet my bottom dollar that the cardiologist who doesn't want heart surgery will change his mind pretty darned fast when he starts to become very symptomatic. Not pleasant, not comfortable and it affects everything in your body head to toe 24/7, as most of ya'll know.
nod.gif

Technically speaking, my own aortic valve has been "going south" all of my life, and I'm just now getting to surgery at 39+ years.

It's not the fact of the southbound trip as much as it is the speed of travel and proximity to the destination! Every single cardiologist I've seen throughout my life (at least the ones I can remember) has recommended that I "wait as long as possible" for surgery.

It's seems to me that I read somewhere that the hospital where the doctor practices can get you stats on a doctor.
Kathy H

Latest posts

Back