not feeling so hot again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

medtronic of borg

Before the 23rd of Dec. I had dizzyness that was transient, it came and went just that fast, several times a day. Suddenly on the 23rd I was very dizzy and it still hasn't gone away. Its like being drunk but with out the buzz. I remember the loss of cordination when drinking from when I turned 18. The only time I had ever gotten drunk. I hate this. Since I recienly found out my EF was down to 31% and my valve before had been replaced at 30. This is a possiblity.

I also am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids...that are new to me . Can an iner ear infection have no pain?

The third possibilty is my meds. But I have been on them for five years or so. Why now?

I keep running into things and have fallen several times of late. IToday fell in a way to small bathroom and when standing up from my duty fell forward and smashed my face into the courner of the sink! Dam that hurt.

I am almost to afraid to call my Dr. What you folks think?

Medtronic of Borg

Med - I hope someone will drive you to the ER to have this checked out before you get really hurt. Good luck.
Bill

Hi Medtronic-

I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Dizziness can have many causes, I'm sure you know that, so it would be impossible to determine without some kind of physical exam or testing.

If you are dizzy and falling over you should get going to the ER. Please take care of yourself. Don't wait any longer.

Let us know what happens.

An inner ear infection can absolutely cause a loss of balance.

I don't know all that much about it, but I know that some ear infections can cause this. There are also certain meds that can cause dizzyness and balance problems, but it sounds like your meds haven't changed.

Hopefully it's something that can be cleared up by simple antibiotics.

It sounds like it would be a bit frightening, particularly in light of your other heart related news.

Call your doctor. It's better to know that too get yourself worked up about it, right?

Let us know what happens. Best wishes.
Kev

Get it checked out right away.
Hopefully it is something as simple as an ear infection.
I have had them twice in my life and they caused extreme dizziness but absolutely no pain at all.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I definately think you should see a doctor right away or go to the ER. It could be any number of things, but you shouldn't wait this one out. Let us know how things go.

Take Care!
Gail

get yourself to the ER as soon as possible. You could really hurt yourself going the way you are. Maybe its a simple ear infection, but for your safety PLEASE get it checked out.

About 6 months ago I had terrible bouts of dizziness and it was an inner ear infection and antibiotics cleared it right up. It was scary feeling that "drunk" feeling.

Hope you get well soon!!

suddenly better today

suddenly better today

I woke up today feeling as I had before ...that is normal for me. But I did go ahead and e-mailed my cardiologist to see if he wants me in earlier then jan.21st. We will see.

If you are having dizzy spells and having near fainting experiences, I would add my advice to that of others...get to an emergency room. Have you checked your blood pressure? My husband thought his heart was too loud one night. He visited the cardio the next day and had an echo. The cardio said he had no problems with his heart (he does not have heart disease, just a mitral valve replacement in 10/1990). Two hours after the cardio visit, he got dizzy and fell in the bathroom. The emergency room doctor checked him out and found blood pressure 80/60 and evidence of internal bleeding. After receiving 3 units of blood and a colonoscopy the next day, they found that he had severe esophogeal (sp?) bleeding caused, over a long time, by acid reflux. The problem was easily fixed. Sadly he bruised his chest in the fall so badly that he was in pain for two weeks.

Cardiologists are interested in hearts. My husband was not having a heart problem, as the cardio accurately stated. But, he had a serious problem, that was diagnosed within 10 minutes by the ER doctor. Had I taken him to his internist, he too would have diagnosed his problem at once. Problems do resolve themselves one way or another. I hope you will see someone at once who can solve this for you.
Blanche

thanks for the thought

thanks for the thought

But I have an appointment already scheduled with three of my Dr.s I have about six on my team at any one time. My case is a very unique one posing unique problems. I do my best to stay away from them if I can. They always seem to find something wrong with me and it gets tiring sometimes.

Latest posts

Back