Not appealing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Perrster

For the second month in a row, I have nailed a perfect 3.0 INR. Or rather, I got a perfect INR via the "nail."

I try to watch what I eat and do things consistently and it appears to be working. I have been out on the golf course almost every weekend and on some of the hottest and sunniest days of the summer. The weather (heat/sun) appears to not have had an affect on my INR. Exercise at the gym has reduced somewhat as I'm so busy outdoors. I have added a glass of red wine at nearly every meal (except breakfast and lunch, of course!).

I have decided to forget appealing for a self-testing unit and save myself the money and the anticipated grief over another denial. My cardio office is hopefully getting one in a few months. My guess is their charge for a Protime test will not go down, but I don't care. I guess the folks who are able to acquire these units are very lucky and just have good insurance.

As long as I stay consistent with the above, I am much happier testing at the Cardio's office once every 4 to 6 weeks anyway. If I had my own machine, I'm afraid I might "over-test" when it isn't necessary.

For QAS: If your company offered "templates" or actual written appeal examples, it might have been easier to pursue my appeal. However, because you required me and my Cardiologist to draft individual letters from scratch it took away from my intiative. I felt like I was in a dart game as I had doubts as to how I worded it and worried how the insurance company was going to interpret it. Nevertheless, I finished my personal appeal letter, but my Cardiologist just never had the time to do his.

Regards,

Last edited:
Good for you, Perry

Good for you, Perry

I don't blame you..My Protime is wonderful and my clinical nurse called and told me to check again in 3 weeks..But when it is sitting there on the counter, I wonder..hummm, wonder what my INR is..but this time, I am going to wait..I have been in range now for 4 weeks...I hear more and more people saying they only test every 6-8 weeks..But I think 3 for me right now this soon after surgery is good....I'm so tired of outsiders thinking it is easy to get your doctor to do this or that..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm lucky to have a human call me back after I leave a voice message. MUST less the doctor, himself:mad: :mad: Bonnie

That's great my friend!

You know, it's the fine wine that makes you consistent;)
Honestly, it works for me. I have a couple of glasses a week. Usually at weeks end. Merlot. Good for your heart, INR and soul!

I have been paying for my Coaguchek supplies, out of pocket since obtaining the machine. They paid for the unit, but not the strips. Go figure.

Finally, on an insurance policy that "claims" they will pay for my strips. Will see how it turns out. Still having a hard time believing it.

Latest posts

Back