My 6 Month Checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

Roll out the drums:D :D :D :D My checkup went great.....:) Echo made 3 weeks ago showed my Aorta had shrunk:cool: :cool: My St. Jude's was on a perfect beat...Said not to come back for 6 months and no Echo for another year.:) :) Saw my Clinical Nurse, cute little Ashley and she said How do you like that Protime and I said..I LOVE IT>:D :D :D She said just call me whenever you want to..for my INR. (Best to let her know at least every 3-4 weeks)Life IS good..HANG in there, Bill, Ross, Scottie, Travler, and all you other under 6 months post op..You will feel as good as me soon.:) :) Bonnie

Hooray for Bonniewood,

I am just short of 3 weeks and feel like no one at the cardio or surgeons office has time for me.

I insisted on another blood draw yesterday, some inconvienence to my poor wife getting ready for all her changes at work.

I called this afternoon and no one can find my blood results. I talked to the tech who drew the blood(which has to be sent to Tampa, 400 miles away for testing) and she is very upset. She offered to come to the house to draw more on her lunch hour tomorrow, if it is too much trouble for me to get in.

Now you offering to come tuck me in before surgery had great appeal. Having a blood sticker/sucker has none, zero, zip, not going to happen.

Outrun a 10 year old huh? Well that would be fun to watch. Keep up the great progress.

sibling??

Best,

Bill

Congratulations Bonnie on your check-up, I'm glad to hear everything is going well and wish you continued good health so you can keep chasing around your grandson.:D I'm going next week for my check-up, I'll be 6 months on the 24th. Congratulations again and keep up the good work!

Well, Bonnie, BLESS YOUR HEART!! I think that ought to be our official logo for VR. Our hearts have been blessed and we want the whole world to know it.

Bill - what in the world is going on w/your blood and why to Tampa??? Are you doing ok?

I am fine Ann, it is just that the surgeon's nurse thought that since I was a "perfect" 2.0 I should wait 2 weeks for more tests, I did not want such a long time between sticks, they are soooo much fun.

My insurance requires the use of a lab that sends all its draw to Tampa, by air, for testing over night and then faxes the results to all the various parties. It has only been a minor problem in the past for physicals, etc. It is more a problem with this INR thing.

Enough about me in Bonnie's post. Thanks for the concern, Here comes Lili, isn't that great.

Bye,

Bill

Yay and golf claps

Yay and golf claps

Way to go Bonnie! Great report. I'll be a six-monther in 2 weeks as well.

Keep it up.

Fantastic Bonnie-

You've done so very well! It must be your positive attitude, plus all that walking you do.

Congrats Bonnie!:)

You have the attitude to make it! I also admire your positivity! Keep up the good work.

PS. What did I miss here? As I clicked off....thought I was seeing things. What's with the "stalker"?

Last edited:
Stalker

Stalker

Gina, My masterminded computer gee whiz, Ross and I decided I needed something different under my name and because I post so often..we came up with Stalker....Thanks to everyone for their congrats on my 6 month checkup. Really do feel good about it....Bonnie:)

hi bonnie!
such great news! i was so glad to hear how well you are doing. keep up the positive outlook and congratulations!
wishing you many more healthy check ups like this one.
all the best, sylvia

Hi B.....Just read your post.....YOU GO, GIRL!!!! That's absolutely great, hope you went out and celebrated!!!! YAHOO!!! Wasn't on the 'puter much yesterday, took the dogs to the beach (don't be jealous, Walter, but it was AWESOME---even better with no summer people) and then went to my pt job in jail.....Anyway, so glad to hear you got that clean bill of health!!

Ev

Foolish chatter

Foolish chatter

Ann, I'm laughing out loud..Evelyn's pt meant part-time job..not physical therapy:D :D :D :D Rossman..I keep a don't need anymore bottle of beta-blockers on my hallway table..so when I outrun Barney (my black bear)..and make it back inside..I take one. The heart is going boom-boom-boom...:D :D :D Will find some pictures and mail to you to post...Bonnie

Hi Ann......Nope, not physical therapist, but part time.....I've worked part time in jail for the last l3 years. I teach adult male inmates whatever it takes them to get their GED (HS diploma). Don't mind teaching, but I surely don't think I'd do physical therapy on them!!! Actually, I've had many of my regular high school kids there.....I tell them that if I don't get them now, I'll get them later, so they'd better learn now.

Peace

Evelyn

WAY TO GO BONNIE! Isn't it great how after your surgery you feel WONDERFUL after 6 months? THen after a year, we're unstoppable! YAY! Keep up the good work, and as soon as John and Ross come by to pick me up, we'll come down to see you!:D

Great News Bonnie

Great News Bonnie

Congratulations !...I'm so happy for you that things are going so well ...you sound healthy and happy ...long may it continue ...Take care
Scottie

Bonnie,
Congrats! For us sub-6-monthers, success stories like yours are very encouraging. Thanks for sharing!
--John

Latest posts

Back