More lancet talk (Coaguchek Sofclix)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcora

I am trying to find lancets for my Coaguchek XS Softclix. I have other lancets that work but I'd like to have a restock for the Softclix. I am confused as to what fits it besides the company made Roche refills. They are very hard to find so I am wondering if any other company makes lancets that fit this device. If anyone knows where I can locate refills online, please advise. If there happens to be another type or model of lancet that will fit the device I can settle for that as well. I just want to make sure that they are 21G X 1.8mm. I think that's what the Sofclix uses. I currently have Testwell Choice Safety Lancets (21G x 1.8mm) and Accu-Check SafeT-Pro Plus which I believe are 23G.

Anyone know where I can find the Softclix refills?

what fits it besides the company made Roche refills. They are very hard to find
I'm not clear why you don't just order the ones made by Roche. The are very reasonably priced and easy to order on Amazon.

I recently purchased a box of 200 for about $10. That's only 5 cents each. See link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Accu-Chek-So...fix=accu-chek+softclix+lancets,aps,156&sr=8-5
Edited note: The disclosure about being an Amazon associate, see below, seems to have auto posted when I posted the Amazon link. I am not an Amazon affiliate. Perhaps VR is an affiliate and the disclosure is auto generated?

I'm not sure what benefit you'll be getting by using one brand of 21 gauge lancets vs. another. Your device should be able to adjust the depth of the incision, so the mm measure may be moot.

I used to have hundreds of generic 21 gauge lancets, but I've been using the single use 21 gauge lancing devices for the past few years. They're more expensive than the lancets that work with the Softclix, but they work well, I don't have to mess with inserting and ejecting lancets into a lancing device, and they're safe to throw away. They cost about $25/100 - a bit more than the lancets but I prefer these - easier to use, no hassle to dispose of, no messing with the small lancets and lancing device.

IIRC, Pellicle has been reusing the 21 gauge lancets for quite some time - but he can clarify this.

@mrcora
Just to extend what Chuck has said here:
I'm not clear why you don't just order the ones made by Roche. The are very reasonably priced and easy to order on Amazon.

I recently purchased a box of 200 for about $10. That's only 5 cents each.
make sure you get the ones designed for the Coaguchek system, because Roche also sells blood glucose testing products and the "Softclix" is just the system for the bit you hold in your hand.
https://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2023/06/inr-lance-sizes.html
some excerpts

1707342376704.png

1707342614200.png

There's one person here (and I won't embarrass him by mentioning his name) who got stuck with the 31 gauge lancets and made multiple incisions in order to get enough blood for testing. What you want is 21 gauge.

There's one person here (and I won't embarrass him by mentioning his name) who got stuck with the 31 gauge lancets and made multiple incisions in order to get enough blood for testing. What you want is 21 gauge.
Good point. The ones I purchased are 28 gauge. They fit in the Coaguchek Softclix, which came with my meter. 28 gauge has worked for me, but it would not be bad to have the 21 gauge. The 28 gauges has worked fine, but I do have to warm my hand up good in order to get a sufficient drop.

You can get a drop with 28 gauge, but I'll be that you have to set the depth near maximum and push on the lancing device to get a deep enough incision.

You may want to do like Pellicle does and wrap the fingertip above the knuckle with dental floss -- this will keep the blood in the fingertip and make it easier to get a large enough drop for testing.

You should be able to find 21 gauge lancets online - I even found some once discounted at a pharmacy (the buyer for the pharmacy might have screwed up and ordered the wrong gauge lancets).

They're out there, and you will probably have an easier time getting a good incision with the 21 gauge.

Latest posts

Back