Mainframe' surgery update/day 2

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tannemck

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers. One of the first things Chris wanted me to do was post his progress. Well, day 2 and he is starting to look like the old Chris. All the tubes are gone and he is out of the CCU. Our next hurdle is to get him to eat more than a few tablespoons. Or is that normal? I feel like the mother that will give their child anything just to get them to eat. This is a short note as I am on my way back to the hospital for the night.
Signing off....Mainframe's Wife (Tina)
PS. Chris say's Moooo!

Great News

Great News

Thanks so much Tina for the update. Good luck with the feeding thing..if hospital food hasn't improved since my last (non-heart) surgery, that may be a real challenge!

Pass along my continued best wishes..

--Johnny

Mrnin Tina - like the children - he will eat when he gets hungry. He's had lots of meds, is still on some, been thru the mill and his body just isn't ready to eat yet. But he will be back to himself soon, I promise.

Hey Chris - glad to get rid of the tubes, I know. Such a surprise when you wake up and find them there, isn't it? And they seem so huge especially with all that stuffing around them. Bet they will have you taking a short walk today. Just hang in as you are going to get there. God bless

Hi Tina-

So glad to hear that Chris is doing well. As far as eating, something that happens with anesthesia is that the bowels get a little immobilized, so there is nothing moving, so to speak. You will see the nurse listening to his belly for "bowel sounds" which mean that it's waking up, plus they will give him some meds to help that aspect along. He probably won't feel too hungry until things are in working order again.

Say Hi to him from us.

hi tina!
so glad chris is doing nicely. about the lack of appetite....i think everyone goes through that. mara had suggested i bring joey some ice pops if/when he felt too nauseous to eat. they really helped. and from there i would bring him soups (either from one of the deli's nearby or from home and warm it in the nurses' microwave).
i wouldn't worry too much about it though. he'll start eating_ as hensylee said_ when he's hungry.
please send chris our best wishes for a speedy recovery.
sylvia

Tina - Thank you for the update. Chris sounds like he is doing great. It takes a few days to start eating again. Food didn't taste good for me for several weeks. Please tell Chris that I am thinking about him and wishing for an early release. Good luck to both of you.

Latest posts

Back