Lynlw's son Justin's surgery on Tuesday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First place!

First place!

Lynlw said:
We heard from CHOP and Justin's surgery will be tomorrow. I think he may be the first case since we have to be there at 6;15 and he has to quit eating and drinking even water at midnight. (When he was supposed to have surgery on the 5th, he was allowed to have clear liquid until 8am since he was going to be a later case.) I'm glad it is an early one, since that will be better for Justin,he won't have alot of time to sit around and think tomorrow. We can just wake him up in enough time to get in the car to leave and traffic should be pretty good that early. He also is feeling nice and strong and healthy which is good going into surgery. He is just anxious to have this surgery, so he can start feeling better and having more energy and can start working on his recovery and get back to doing all the things he loves.
I will update on his page www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw as we get updates.
Thanks, Lyn and Justin
Lyn,
You are right about "pole position", it is the best place to be. I have always had that position and it worked great for me and I know it will for Justin. Wish I could do more for him, but he will be on my mind tomorrow along with you. He is going to do great!:)

I just checked the website for God knows what reason! Obviously you're not going to be updating yet, but Hey! You never know!

Anyway, I did make a contribution to Caringbridges, and I know that will make you happy.

Now if you would find out about the Bobbleheads, I could make Justin happy!

Prayers continue, and I'm posting Justin's surgery on another forum so we have reinforcements!:)

Yeah, me, too, Mary!

Yeah, me, too, Mary!

Mary said:
I just checked the website for God's knows what reason! Obviously you're not going to be updating yet, but Hey! You never know!

And God knows I know it's too soon, but just anxious. I know this will go well. Dr. Spray has an excellent rep, but you know how anal I am. I have to actually read the good news. Even PDHeart is wanting word..................

LYn, you know you have our love and prayers. J.

ARGH! I've been stewing all day . . . oops! I guess Lyn and Justin and Don have too! Ok, I'll shut up and post!
Latest from Lyn

Hi It is about 2:30, Justin just went back to the OR around 1:30 (don't ask, but yes we were here at 6:15 lol, but we much rather deal with a few hour delay than days or weeks, so we're fine)
Justin really enjoyed the "giggle juice" they put it right in his iv and about 1 min later was a HUGE smile.
So they will update us about every hour, we already got the one at 2:30 and they were still putting lines in ect. Hopefully the 3:30 update they will say they are safely to his heart. That's what we can pray for now. That Dr.Spray doesn't have any problems w/ Justin's scars. I will try to update as we here things. IT was so nice seeing all the messages, I didn't read them yet, because I wanted to update first. Thanks for Checking.

Thanks, Mary- So sorry for the delay, Lyn, but at least it's a few hours, not weeks- will keep checking in- you know how much we all care!

Here's the latest update- a good one!!!!

Hi, It' 5, the 4:30 update was really good they were done his repair and were going to start closing soon.
Sorry I didn't get the other updates, I couldn't get online and then I actually was able to nap. which is great, since time sures goes much better when you are asleep. OF course I had a bad dream and woke us yelling in the family room lol.
Thank you all for the prayers, Hopefully next update they will be done or almost. Lyn

Justin has graduated to post-Op!

Justin has graduated to post-Op!

So glad to post this latest update from Justin's carepage:

Life IS GOOD!
We just spoke to Dr. Spray. He was able to do what he hoped to with the one end of the conduit and when they did the echo postop, there is no blockage. That was a concern since his conduit is right next to his sternum, so when they closed him, it could of pressed on it too much. SO Thanks for the prayers.
Dr.Spray said he makes and incredible amount of scar tissue. I told him last week we were talking and I told Justin I am so glad he excells at something, but I would prefer it not to be on building scar tissue. So Justin said he would work on finding another thing lol
Dr Spray did have to go thru the groin to put him on bypass, so he will be a little sore there from that cut, but I think that is better then his neck,.
Well Thanks for all the prayers and checking, We will be going to see Justin soon. I can't wait, Lyn

This is great news!

I knew that the pole position wasn't critical. I was surgery case number two, but my surgery wasn't number two.

You'll both remain firmly in my thoughts 'till you're home.

Very best wishes,

Off the Vent

Off the Vent

Here's the latest:
Hi It's 8 oclock, I really don't have much of an update, actually we still haven't got to see him. BUT he is off the vent and we should be able to see him soon, they are just going to get an xray sonce they pulled the tube. Since it is getting late so if I do another update tonight it would probably be pretty late. Thank you all so much. Hopefully tomorrow will go really well and he soon will be feeling better.Lyn

Lyn, I am so happy to read the updates and will continue to pray that Justin recovers well and is soon able to get on with his life. I know how happy you will be to hug him (gently) once he is in his room.

It's just great to hear all this good news about Justin. And I'm glad you were able to relax and take some cat naps.

YO, Lyn................

YO, Lyn................

Justin's page isn't letting me post ya a note right now - I'm probably being censored for moral turpitude (complete hogwash, of course, heehee!) or some such nonsense :D , but I just wanted to say, "YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Chest closed and off the vent already! Wow! Doesn't get much better than that -" well unless we could have passed on the whole darn thing to begin with. Or like Katie says, 'There's nuthin' better than a clean pair of underwear!' I bet Justin has clean skivvies on, too! :D Truly, I am thrilled for y'all. STill in my prayers for a smooooooth recovery. Much love. J.

Welcome Justin!

Welcome Justin!

"Dr Spray did have to go thru the groin to put him on bypass,"

You are now a member of the "Groin" Club.;) :D As one of the founding member, we are happy to have you and wish you a happy and speedy recovery. Great job- you too, Lyn!:)

Lyn, as you know, you and Justin have been in my prayers all day. I'm so happy to read these wonderful reports! He'll be out of there before you know it (then you'll have to fight the battle of getting him to slow down! ;) ). Thanks for letting your cyber-family know what's going on (and thanks to those who posted it here, since I didn't bookmark the caringbridge like I'd thought ;) ).

I am so happy to read your posts Lyn. He is off the vent, yeah!!!! I hope the night and the rest of the recovery is miraculous. Let him know that we are thinking about him and sending lots of prayers!

Latest posts

Back