Kidney transplantee back at work!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catwoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Wanted to let y'all know that my co-worker, Nida, came back to work last week with her brand-spanking-new kidney after her transplant in November. She won't be doing any marathons for a while (if she ever did marathons ;) ), but she's doing great. She has so much more energy, her coloring is normal and she can eat nearly anything she wants.

Thank you so much for your prayers. Nida's experience has made a big impact on my life. She's encountered something like what we encounter with heart valve replacements: Without advancement in medicine, she would not be alive today.

http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32753&highlight=transplant+kidney

Wonderful news! Isn't it amazing what a difference a new kidney makes in a person's life! Almost 30 years ago, I gave my brother a kidney.The most amazing thing to me was seeing him 24 hours after the surgery and the white of his eyes were WHITE. I was so used to seeing them yellow.

When they did the transplant, they did not take out his own kidneys. They put the new kidney in his abdomen. About 23 years later, he developed kidney cancer in one of his own kidneys. The doctors were not really checking his own kidneys so by the time they figured out what the problem was, it was too late. The cancer spread to his brain and his lungs.

I am very happy for your friend.

Wonderful news! Isn't it amazing what a difference a new kidney makes in a person's life! Almost 30 years ago, I gave my brother a kidney.The most amazing thing to me was seeing him 24 hours after the surgery and the white of his eyes were WHITE. I was so used to seeing them yellow.

When they did the transplant, they did not take out his own kidneys. They put the new kidney in his abdomen. About 23 years later, he developed kidney cancer in one of his own kidneys. The doctors were not really checking his own kidneys so by the time they figured out what the problem was, it was too late. The cancer spread to his brain and his lungs.

I am very happy for your friend.

Praline:
Like your brother, Nida still has the old kidney; the new one was implanted and hooked up.
How wonderful you were able to give your brother many more years of life!

Latest posts

Back