Just Because

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple of weeks ago I read "Where the Wild Things Are" to all of the second graders in my school (I'm the librarian). We sang "Wild Thing" for our wild rumpus. :D It was so cute. Then afterward we used our imaginations as "hot air balloons" took us wherever we wanted to go! I love getting kids to use their imaginations and fall in love with books! I have the best job in the world. :D :D :D (And you better believe my students love reading--or at least, most of them. My reward to them when they are behaving is to check out an extra book. They get so excited about that!)

Thanks for bringing on the smiles.

Dick and Jane - My first grade teacher had us kids sit in a circle as we practiced reading out loud together and when we came to an exclamation point, we were all to emphasize it by sticking our heads out, "like a turtle," she said. She was the perfect first grade teacher.

I still have Cat in the Hat Comes Back partially memorized from when I was a kid, "Somebody, sombody has to you see; then she picked out two somebodies, Sally and Me!"

And I have about a couple of dozen stories still partially memorized from reading to my two boys when they were little.

And now I collect books! I love books!

Back