Joy is doing fine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Joy had her surgery yesterday, and had a little problem waking up, but they said that was normal. She will be moving out of the ICU as soon as they have another room for her, she has been walking around, and is very coherant. Noo more chest tubes or that swan line thing in her neck, Everything has been disconnected except for the arterial line and an IV. she is dong fine, but she misses the kids:( will update when I get a chance. Thank you all for your help to Joy, she really likes this website, and likes all the good info you all give her.
Kevin

Kevin

Kevin

Thanks so very much for giving us the update on Joy!! What a wonderful recovery she is making, already up and around. Please give her all the best from the Boards.

Joy - now you are over the mountain with the rest of us and the best is still coming your way. YOu are in my prayers each day and we look forward to getting news of you. Thanks for the update. We have been waiting. God bless

Great News

Great News

Kevin -
Thanks for the update. I am so glad to hear Joy is doing so well.
They may let you sneak the kids in when she gets moved to a room. They did for me. I had a 6 month old and a 4 year old.
You all are on your way... Best Wishes

Tammy

Great news Joy

Great news Joy

So glad you came through with flying colors. Everything is downhill from here. Before you know it you'll be better than before.

Hooray! Hooray! You're a hard act to follow, Joy, but we're right behind! May you go from strength to strength. It all comes from inside.

Peter

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Joy, So glad to hear you are on your way to feeling so much better. And thanks to you Kevin for letting us know. Give Joy a hug for all of us...gently of course.

That's great news. I am glad to hear that she is up and around so soon that's good. She will be in our prayers and thoughts. Can't wait for more good updates.

BOOMER

Yeah Joy

Yeah Joy

The hard part is over! Good Luck Joy. Walk walk walk!
Glad you made it!
-Mara

Joy,s Surgery

Joy,s Surgery

Joy
so glad your surgery went well, I,ve read all your posts and you are an inspiration to all of us who are waiting for surgery,
Hope you are soon home with your family
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Kind Thoughts
Jan

Joy! Joy!

Joy! Joy!

Joy!
Wonderful news, gets better every day. I do hope your kids can visit you. Though the time will pass pretty quickly now. Thanks for giving us updates. I will keep you in prayer.

Good Job!!!

Good Job!!!

Hey Joy,
Soooooo happy to hear all went well; must have been the terrific attitude. Hurry back and feel well soon,
fdeg

Hi all, it's me, Joy! I got home from the hospital yesterday, and the minute I walked in the door I got online, but I had to do some other things before I could type. You know, kids and all. It's hard not being able to lift and clean my own house for 6 weeks, but we're working it all out. I'm not in much pain, but I think it peaked on the second day..It was a 10, indefinately, and I was hurting!
Getting extubated SUCKED! I was out of surgery by 11AM, and didn't wake up "enough" until 12midnight. I was gagging and throwing up and it was not fun. My husband stayed until like 6:00, and I knew he left, because I could hear him in the room talking to me, holding my hands, and I could shake my head and answer him, I just couldn't open my eyes, move my head, lift my legs or feel any part of my body. I didn't like it! I am now on one percuset per day, or so, and try not to take any. Well, I better get going. I am going to watch a movie.
Take it easy

Welcome home

Welcome home

Dear Joy,
It is great to hear from you again--it sounds as if you have hardly missed a beat (excuse the pun).

You MUST however take it easy. I don't like the sound of that "cleaning my own house" thing. I believe the only instructions you are given is 'walk', not CLEAN. Don't rush things.

I'm done with the lecture, talk to you soon,
fdeg

Congratulations Joy

Congratulations Joy

Hi Joy-

You have done SO WELL ! Try to stay a wimpy little wallflower for a while yet. You won't have many other opportunities to take it easy with your active little ones. Don't want to blow out all the surgeon's good work. Great news.

Hi Joy,

Congratulatios! :) ! You;ll be feeling a lot better befoe you know it. Don't rush the healing process. Do a lot of walking but stay away from the cleaning for a while. You've had major surgery and your body needs to catch up with your mind. Keep you pillow handy too, as you will need it and will be glad you have it near. Hope you do have a speedy recovery. Welcome to the other side!

glad you're home

glad you're home

Hi Joy
I'm so glad that you are home and you sound like you are doing very well. Please don't overdue things..you need to pamper yourself for a while. I know that when I get
I'm glad that the worst is behind you and hope that the rest of your recovery goes smoothly home..that I will jsut let the place get as dusty and dirty as I can stand..and then play general and give my husband orders on how and what to do LOL..of course I don't have any little ones arround to make much messes..only a very neat Dog.
I'm glad that the worst is overy and hope that your recovery goes smoothly.
Joan

OPPS!!

OPPS!!

Opps!! It looks like something went wrong with my post..but I'm sure that you got the idea!! :)
Joan

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Joy
My goodness that seems fast!! You must be something else! I can tell you are going to be an over achiever, and you better watch out. Course, I found that it is self limiting, cause once you over do it, you kinda learn your lesson. It aint worth it!

Honestly, Im so very happy that you are over the mountain. You are going to feel great soon!
mindy

DOIN' GREAT!

DOIN' GREAT!

Joy, so glad to hear how good you are doing. Welcome to the other side!

Now I too will lecture...take the meds you need (pain wise) your body actually heals better and faster if you are not hurting.

Leave the housework alone...walk, walk...you can walk with your little ones and they will get a kick out of helping Mom do her doctor's orders!

Take care!

Latest posts

Back