Joe's gonna get "buff"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

We bought a Matrix treadmill and a Galena home gym a couple of days ago, will be delivered today or tomorrow. It was his idea and I'm so glad he feels like exercising the ole bod. I need it too. Winter will be here soon enough and this will be a godsend.

Joe's lost so much muscle mass these last few years with all the surgery. It's going to take a while for him to tone up. Easy does it I guess.

Gotta check with the cardiologist for his target heart rate.

Go For It, Joe!

Go For It, Joe!

Put a sign on the door when your exercising. "JOE'S CLUB. CLOSED FOR PRIVATE SESSION"

Excellent move.

Getting that muscle tone back will take time and patience.

Best regards.

PerryA

p.s. are the trees starting to turn colors up there in New York? Chicago's colors are changing already too soon for me. However, I do like the fall season.

Nancy, I have a treadmill, too. The dr stressed my walking so I do 2/3 small sessions a day. He said add a few steps each day to build up. Have him start with 2 or 3 mins or til he gets tired. If he's on a beta blocker his heart rate might not be something to go by.

Also, Nancy, while at it, you posted reasons for NOT taking Vioxx. Can you please tell me again why not or where to find that post. Have a friend who is being put on it - she took one pill, had agitation/nervousness and depression. All of a sudden, but she cannot find in PDR that Vioxx causes it. That was yesterday and she didn't take another one, which is probably a good idea. Different side effects for different people. Could've been interaction with something else? She does use natural meds a lot. Thanks

Hensylee-

I sent you a private message on Vioxx.

And Perry-

The trees have started to change, just slightly. The sun has changed it's angle also, and the night air is starting to get cold. I only hope that I can get some more tomatoes from the vine before it freezes.

Football season is here. Joe loves to go to the Union College games, since they're in Schenectady, NY, right next to Glenville where we live. He'll be up to it this season. They're Division 3 and pretty good. He has several cronies that he sits with and they figure out all the stupid plays in the game. He's an old semi-pro football player (as well as professional farm team baseball player, recreational basketball player and track runner), so he knows every rule. I like to tease him by asking if he used to play with a leather helmet on.

Last edited:
Thanks, Nancy. I got it and have copied/forwarded.

As to trees changing, I live in Fl Panhandle and we do get cold here, believe it or not. My neighbor's dogwood tree begins to turn in late Aug and mine in about 3 weeks after hers. Hers gets am sun while mine gets pm sun. Anyway, things are happenin here, too. Fall is in the air and pretty soon we have to change our clocks again - except for Janie and others in Az.:D

My daughter lives in Tampa, she knows what the fall is like here, but her husband is a Floridian. He complains and complains about his one oak tree that sheds leaves. Hahaha. He should see it at my house. We have mucho trees and the leaves and pine needles are knee high over all of the one acre of property we have. We bought a chipper/vac 8 horse power to take care of the leaves, because Joe can't rake any more. I run the machine, including the chipping. I usually have about 20 leaf piles every week that the Town hauls away. It's great that they do that, I don't know where I'd put them, too many to compost.

FALL AND TOMATOES

FALL AND TOMATOES

Nancy,

Yes our leaves are changing here in lower Michigan too. WJR radio said it had to do with the drought and a concentration of the sugars in the sap!?

Anyway...the tomatoes...just before the first hard frost, pick the green and not quite ripe tomatoes. The not quite ripe ones will ripen on the counter or wherever. The green ones can be put in paper (not plastic) bags and will ripen over several weeks. I do this every year.

Latest posts

Back