Is it OK to ship Coaguchek test strips on ice?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JimChicago

Is it OK to ship Coaguchek test strips on ice?
I understand the test strips are not to be frozen - so I wondered if places that send out the test strips via UPS - Federal Express and pack them in ice may inadvertently damage the strips by freezing them?

As quickly as packages are handled these days, there isn't much time for the supplies to freeze (or get too hot) unless they are left on your front porch. I was surprised when my first delivery sat on my front porch all day. Since then, I have mine delivered to my office so they they are taken indoors. I do store them in the fridge and take them out the night before a test.

I got one shipment for my ProTime supplies that was totally room temp. They usually ship them with freezer packs that are still cool by the time I get them. I called QAS because I was concerned about them being room temp for a few days. They told me that my ProTime cuvettes can go unrefrigerated for 30 days.

My supplies usually start out on ice (freezer packs).

My protime supplies come packed with ice packs. And I have never had any problems. Not to change the subject but the other day I ordered a pair of $600.00 diamond earrings on line and UPS just dumped them on my front porch without even ringing the door bell. I have no way of knowing how long they were there and that is scary. They do this all the time with drugs and supplies from QAS and it is the front door that we very seldon use. I have asked on more than one ocasion that bring deliveries to the back door but no one listens. I am surprised that somebody hasn't taken something by now. But I have been lucky so far.Sorry to get off the subject.

Latest posts

Back