INR, Cooler climates vrs. warmer climates

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INR, Cooler climates vrs. warmer climates

• I live in the South and my INR is stable most of the time

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I live in the South, INR swings consistantly

• I live in a cooler location and my INR is stable

• My INR is "never right" Now matter where I am

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I live in the South West and my INR is stable.

• I live in the South West and my INR swings consistantly..

• Other Location - INR Stable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Location - INR swings consistantly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LUVMyBirman

It came to my attention awhile back when reading posts about swinging INR's.... that there must be a correlation between hotter, more humid climates and northern or eastern areas that tend to be less humid.

Having had the opportunity to live in both a Southern and Northern State. Have come to the following personal conclusion.

Living in the South, most of the year, my INR would be swinging all over the place. Since moving north my INR has been very stable. Even had the same reading three weeks in a row. Was starting to think my Coaguchek was faulty. Was out of range once. This was in part to tipping back a few too many Merlot's. Opppps.

Anyway, lets get some folks that live in different parts of the county post either
A. My INR is relatively stable or very stable.

Or B. I swing all over the place.

Should be an interesting poll. Don't forget to include your location.
PS. Just to let you know, I will be crying hard at the first sign of below zero weather. Wishing I could be swigging with my INR down south. ;)

Last edited:
I'll vote first

I'll vote first

Gina, Come on back down to Dixie Land and swig with me. My PT was 3.5 when we left the fairly cool mountains of Georgia las Monday. Went way down to San Blas Island #1 Prettiest beach in America (NBC) on the west coast of Fla. Waved at hensylee on way home:D Did my Protime today and guess what:mad: :mad: a measly 2.1...It was SO hot down there..I admit..did eat some coleslaw with fish..and 2 salads..but what a huge drop. Gotta work my way back up..No greens for awhile.Like Nancy says...there was a full moon in Fla. last week.:D :D or was it me on the Boogie board in theocean??This Coumadin is a pain..but better than nothing at all:D :D :D Bonnie

Hi Gina,

I think you need to define what "swing" means. Swing within range, or swing out of range? My INR stays within range most of the time. Does it swing? Yes, but Most of the time within the recommended range. During the hotter parts of the summer is when it swings most. I have tracked and charted my INR readings for almost 2 years now, and test weekly. I can count the number of times it has gone out of range on my fingers.

I know each person reacts differently to drugs based on many factors, so my case may not be reflective of others.

Happy motoring,

Rob

Gina...My INR stays in range MOST of the time...I live in the cool coastside of Ca. Weather here ranges from 60-75 all year, with few exceptions.

Zip *~*

PS..I always have a glass of wine with my salad !!..heehee. Could it be a good balance???? Grin..I like that theory anyway.lol!

I always say a good glass of wine, cures all 'whines':)

As Bonnie mentioned with her trip, humidity appeared to be a factor. But, the difference between 'humid heat' and dry heat are much much different. I can sit out in a nice dry heat all day for a week on vacation......have not a problem with my INR. Add the humidity, and out of kilter.

Rob, what I should have said by swinging of the INR is, either way. Out of range.

Hank....Bonnie PM and said she could not respond to the poll. No biggie. Just thought it would be interesting to see the differences

I live in Colorado where the summers are hot and the winters are cold. My INR has been stable, bith in the winter and summer. The area has very low humidity in the summer and winter.

Humidity

Humidity

In 2 days..Monday to Wed. I went from 2.1 to 2.8.....back home in cool mountains of Ga..from hot, humidity in Fla. last week...No change in dosage. You're on to something Gina. Don't put Al out of business:D :D Bonnie..LOVEEEEE this home testing...Tickles my clinical nurses..they call back and say..just keep doing what you're doing.:D :D

Mass/NH border and swinging

Mass/NH border and swinging

I have been on Coumadin for 20 years, and my INR's have always been "all over the place". I am always cold (wearing long sleeves right now and freezing), so I am looking forward to retirement and living on the gulf coast of Florida. We'll see then if my INR's stablize. Looking forward to the day when I don't have to hold my breath waiting for my protime to analyze my results in anticipation that I am in range.

Would never try to put Al out of business. If I lived closer to Colorado, I may be hounding him for a job. ;)

Coumadin and the theory behind it, the differences, up's, down's. etc. Truly fascinate me. Even If I did not have to take the stuff every day for the rest of my life.....would still be great to have it all figured out for the enhancement of others lives.

Can't wait until Vegas to meet Al and have the opportuinty to 'learn more'!

Latest posts

Back