In one year.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elMIguel

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
In one year…

My surgery was exactly one year ago today (3/3/21). Since then I’ve…contracted COVID, attended my daughter’s graduation, rowed over 1 million meters on my rowing machine, trained with weights 3 times a week, started to learn Spanish, experienced with my mother’s Alzheimers progression, gardened, walked my dog everyday rain or shine, learned how to make sourdough bread, learned how to manage my INR, accidentally cut myself and lived to tell about it, and have been more “present” with others than I was before the surgery. I’ve lived life.

I’m sharing this for anyone facing upcoming surgery who is worried about what life will be like afterwards. I sure was. I know that everyone’s experience can vary, but I can honestly say that I don’t feel limited in anything. Even though I don’t post much, I want to thank all those who have educated, shared their lived experiences, guided (and even chided when needed). I am in your debt.

Salud.

Back