I'm new to the forum

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to our wonderful community. Feel free to ask any questions you like. It works well to start a new thread with specific questions so that more people will see them and respond to you.

I had a similar experience in that I knew of my bad valve for over 20 years. But then mine went stenotic (no aneurism) and I had to wait 3 years for it to be bad enough for surgery. I know this is all rather sudden for you, but trust me..... waiting a long time is really really hard!!

For keeping germs at bay, I have found that if I keep a little bottle of the antiseptic gel in my purse and in my car, I can dab some on after a trip to the grocery store, or when I've been out pushing doors into shops and holding railings....all places where germs abound. It will be important to get that chest congestion cleared before surgery because one uncomfortable part of the immediate recovery is clearing out your chest with some forced coughing. The drugs they sedate you with cause irritation of the lungs and so you'll want to be fresh and clear before the big day.

Again, welcome!!! Best wishes.

Marguerite

You're in good company here ... It's all a bit daunting but good you have a date scheduled ... I found my fears prior to my AVR were worse than the reality of it.
Four weeks today and feeling much stronger, i even drove my car today for the first time, that's the longest break I've had from behind the wheel since I was 17 !
Good luck to you.
Justin

Welcome to the forum. Like Abbanabba, I am 4 weeks post-surgery. I had the Ross Proceduere/double valve replacement. Yes, I was horrified! This site, however, was a God-send. I spent countless hours reading and learning. Again, like Abbanabba, my procedure was nothing like I imagined it would be. It was so much easier!!! I spent just 3 days in the hospital, and as of Monday I am driving and working from home. I do the treadmill 3 times per day, at 30 minutes per time. YOU WILL DO WONDERFULLY. Keep a positive attitude, and envision yourself where you want to be.
Best of luck to you,

Thanks for all the great replys

Thanks for all the great replys

Thanks for the all the advice. I'm so happy to have found this site before my operation. As I said before I no longer feel alone :)

Welcome

Your gonna be ok I just had surgery on Dec 31 !!!!!!!!! This site is very helpful and everyone is willing to share thier experinces with you. We are also here to lean on each other. Dont be afraid to ask questions or to express your fears. we all were afraid but afterwards you realize waiting is the hardest part.
Your Not alone!!!!!!!

Gary

Back