I am getting my On-X

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tex4ever54

Greetings All;

After researching my options, I decided to go with the On-x valve for my replacement scheduled March 28th. The only problem was that my surgeon at Baylor did not use them. I call MCRI (the makers of On-x) and the had a rep out there the next day. I have not talke to my surgeon yet, but the gang at MCRI emailed to let me know the Dr. said he would be happy to implant the valve. Now I am nervous about the fact that I get to be is first patient with this valve. MCRI is sending their expert to show Dr. Hamman the ropes during the surgery. Hope implanting on valve is similar to the rest! Anyway I am going to go try to calm down a bit. Let me know what you think!

Oustanding and congratulations! Not very often that you can get a surgeon to do something like this. I'm sure there is a little different technique to it, but it should be very similiar to what he's been doing all along. ;)

My 5 year old daughter has had an ON-X since she was 18 months old and its still ticking away nice and loudly!

Good luck with yours - sure it will go really smoothly!

Emma
xxx

tex4ever54 said:
Greetings All;

After researching my options, I decided to go with the On-x valve for my replacement scheduled March 28th. The only problem was that my surgeon at Baylor did not use them. I call MCRI (the makers of On-x) and the had a rep out there the next day. I have not talke to my surgeon yet, but the gang at MCRI emailed to let me know the Dr. said he would be happy to implant the valve. Now I am nervous about the fact that I get to be is first patient with this valve. MCRI is sending their expert to show Dr. Hamman the ropes during the surgery. Hope implanting on valve is similar to the rest! Anyway I am going to go try to calm down a bit. Let me know what you think!

I assume you're talking about Dr. Hamman from the HeartPlace @ Baylor?
He looked in on me during the weekend I was at Baylor before my discharge. I had looked him up on the internet and thought he'd be good for MVR, but my cardiologist, Michael Donskey, wanted Gregory Matter to do my surgery.

I'll PM you my home # in case you want to chat before your surgery.

should have added - Chloe was the first child in the UK to have the On-X mitral too - didnt seem to affect her surgeons ability to perform the op - he didnt mention it was any different to implanting any other valve type

Emma
xxx

Latest posts

Back