Hoaxes and internet stories

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wlaldridge

I was going to post this as a resource but decided to just come here with it.

There are a lot of stories and virus hoaxes circulated on the internet. Some of these are as nasty as the virus. Like the kind that have people look for files in their computer and delete them because they are viruses. Sometimes these are required SYSTEM files that get deleted.

A great SITE to check out such stuff is:

WWW.SNOPES.COM

This has a search field that allows you to see if it is real or a hoax or just how much real value something may represent.

A couple of examples of stories and virus hoaxes you can check out are the "#77" story for connecting to the highway patrol directly via cell phone, an a virus hoax was that "jdbgmgr.exe" needed to be found and deleted. Search them and see the response on Snopes.

Just thought folks might like a source for the STRAIGHT scoop instead of the misinformation being circulated.

Best Wishes

Bill

Bill, I got suckered into the one ex. you put out there. It was sent by a friend. I removed it and then later had to go out and reload it. A real pain. Oh yeah, I also had to notify all I e-mailed to warn them:( If you look at it, it is java debugger manager, the little teddy bear was the thing that convinced me that it didn't belong.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back