Hey, Janie/other Texans

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN TEXASWHEN:
The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
Hot water now comes out of both taps.
You can make instant sun tea.
You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a bit chilly.
You discover that in July it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
You discover that you can get sunburn through your car window.
You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work.
No one would dream of NOT having air conditioning. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can add Florida to this, too

Oh Henyslee,
Truer words were never spoken!!!!!! I lived it all, and feel for those that still do......
fdeg

work travel

work travel

I don't think so, I was supposed to be in London, but that trip has been cancelled............so who knows where I'll be????

Going to Tampa next week to open a new store (train the staff that is). I hope I don't run in to a hurricane or other tropical storm.

However the picture of Nashville looks very inviting.

fdeg

Hey Hensylee

Anything that the eye can perceive and the mind can believe, the body can achieve.

If you show up I'll even take a nice photograph for your avatar.

Thanks Billy. Wish I could but have other obligation - travel plans in the works. It gets complicated when I travel, as I have 2 OLD chihuahuas, a big old black n tan hound, a cat and have to arrange for a house sitter and pet sitter. Am working on avatar - looked through some pix the other day and will get round to it.

To Hensylee

To Hensylee

Hensylee ... those are veritable truisms for all Texans. I learned a few weeks ago that Houston is the most "air-conditioned" city in the U.S. It's a good thing we have a plentiful supply of electricity!

Stay cool ~ :D

hot in texas

hot in texas

henyslee
i laughed and its MONDAY!! Im at the Texas gulf coast and it is so dad burned hot! The weather man says the same thing every day. Thanks for the chuckle!

Same plus sauna

Same plus sauna

Jokes all seem to work for Florida (leastwise, north Florida up here in the Spanish moss), except that you need to add references to sauna. Take some Texas heat, add some tropical humidity and mix!

We were on the tail end of Barry (which was originally headed out there to the Lone Star State to give you folks some drought relief) but caught just under 10 inches of rain since Friday, as measured in our backyard (blub-blub).

Peter

Latest posts

Back