Heart Surgery in Arkansas?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Perrster

Anybody have any information (or experience) with heart surgery/surgeons in Little Rock, Arkansas?

My mother-in-law is currently at St. Joseph's in LR undergoing treatment for an infection which has screwed up her Bovine Aortic valve (done there less than two yrs. ago). Not clear what she's on exactly, but she is scheduled for a valve "re-do" in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Over-prescribed antibiotics (perhaps combined with her over-self-medicating on them) got to her!

Watch your antibitotics everybody! Only take 'em when a doc says you must and then ask how soon you can get off of them.

My wife is not looking forward to a 15 hour drive from Chicago to Arkansass. It takes almost 7 just to fly there. Her mom just HAD to retire down there where there is no immediate family for miles around!

Thanks.

Hi Perry

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Wishing you all the best.

We have met a lot of people from Arkansas and all over the 'Mid-South' area in Memphis. Surgery at Baptist Memorial. They are the leader for the entire mid-south. 2 hour drive from Little Rock.

Would highly recommend that you at least get an opinion.

Dr. Rodney Wolf and his son Bradley Wolf are the best. Living proof here. ;)
http://www.bmhcc.org/services/HeartCenter/heartSvc.asp

Last edited:
Mornin Perry. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Unfortunately many older folks tend to head south at retirement age. Often they find others who become their 'family' away from home and rely on each other, which works, but when it comes to life threatening illnesses, there's nothing like the real family. Just forgive her for moving away and love her all the same. :)

Hi Perry-

So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I wish her the best and hope that things go smoothly for her.

She must have followed her heart's desire moving to Arkansas, My bet is that it's a place she's admired for many, many years. We all have things we'd love to do after our heavy duty life and work schedules aren't so demanding.

May she have many more years of enjoying her special place.

Latest posts

Back