headaches

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

richie rich

hi everyone

i have a question. does anyone get or recall having headaches after surgery. my headache tends to come on toward the end of the night ( be4 i go to sleep or while i am sleeping) and i usually wake up with it in the morning. it goes away during the day. i am not sure if it is hunger related or medication related.

i am two weeks post op and on the following medication:
lopressor ( metoprolol ) take it in morning & nite
coumdin 3mg nite
protonix nite
vasotec ( enalapril ) morning & nite
persantine ( dipyridamole ) morning & lunch & nite

k-dur ( potassium ) morning
lasix ( furosemide ) morning
vioxx morning

i will be going off of the last three tomorrow. i also have acetaminophen ( tylenol w/ codene) but i have not taken it in the last 5-6 days.

if anyone has any opinions or imput i would appreciate it.

thanks
rich

Withdrawal symptoms from codene??

I had a number of headaches similar to what you describe in the first weeks after my surgery and I was on darvocet n/100 at the time. I thought it odd but doc didn't seem concerned. Lots of odd side effect from the traum and drugs of surgery.

I think unexpained SEVERE headaches are one of the warning signs of stroke, but am not sure.

If it persists, I would call the doc.

Good luck

bill

Richie Rich

Richie Rich

My headaches were in the am when I woke up, what a way to face a new day UGH!

It could be all the meds, I got off of most of mine ASAP, my PCP thought they were interfering with my coumadin, my INR/levels were so low for 2 months, They kept increasing my dose, I'm still taking 10mg of coumadin/warfarin, and the only other med is Sectral 200mg bid for a rapid and irregualr heart rate.

My headaches did eventually go away, regular tylenol is what I was taking until it was mentioned that that too can interfere with the coumadin UGH again!

I hope they get better,

Terry40

Headaches

Headaches

Richie Rich..I bet those headaches are just caused by your surgery..Remember..they pulled your shoulder blades back until they met one another:mad: :mad: It's going to take a while and I mean a while for all those muscles, cells, goo, and other things to get back in the right place. I'm 9 months and still get pains unaccounted for..ALL that medicine is probably 1/2 cause of the headaches...Don't worry..they will go away and Terry..I take Tylenol EVERY day and my INR is always in range. I take it for old age pain:mad: :mad: and the fact I am back walking 3 miles a day..:) You newbies need to remember to take a week at a time to see improvements.:) :)

Non invasive surgery

Non invasive surgery

Sorry Richie Rich Just remembered you had the little opening...but bet it's still med related...

Hi Richie,

I don't know if this will apply at all...but when I saw persantine on your lists of meds I could only relate to it in this way: When I had my nuclear stress test, they injected persantine for it...I developed a severe headache almost instantly. It stayed with me for over 24 hours.

It may not apply to your situation at all...but I've wondered and wanted to post when I first saw it. Sorry if I'm totally off base in my non-medical suggestion of something that struck me as a possible culprit. You may want to as your Doc if it's possible for this med to create the headaches as you're experiencing.

Zipper/Joan :)

Back