Great Book Suggestion

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francie12

A friend recommended this, and I am ordering it today. It's written by two physicians--one the famous heart surgeon, Mehmet Oz.
It's called, You: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment, by Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz.
Has anyone read it?

Nope, but they've been doing articles for Readers Digest lately and I have a feeling its a compilation of what they've already printed.

I've seen them on Oprah a few times with other books they've written, but I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to check it out.

Author Oz

Author Oz

Is this the same Oz that wrote "The Healing Heart"?

I saw it in the bookstore before my surgery and read the chapter on operations. He highly recommends teaching hospitals for major surgeries, and I was glad I went to one (not because of the book, my cardio referred me to USC). By the way, when I was in the dentist's office yesterday looking at Newsweek, I saw an ad for the Cleveland Clinic, and it was talking about their success rate with mitral valve repair surgeries. Weird, I flipped to that exact page. Heh.
Debi (debster913)

This book actually sounds like it is covering the same patient advocacy ground we are all already expert in! But I wish I had seen it when Matt was first diagnosed!

Latest posts

Back