Funny Story!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi Everyone!
I just started back to work at my part-time job. It really feels great to be getting back to my normal routine. Well, I told my co-workers a little story about when I came home from the hospital and they said it would be a cute story to tell here on the forum. I didn't tell it before because I didn't want anyone here thinking I was a bad parent.
You know how after surgery you really don't feel like eating and your appetite doesn't really come back for about a week or so. Well, about two weeks post op I was at home and my daughter comes home from preschool with a cupcake. My appetite was definately back with a vengeance. I just felt like I had to have that cupcake, but I didn't want to take it from my little girl. I asked her if I could have it and she said she was going to eat it later. A few minutes later I asked her again. She said no again. Then I said to her that if she let me have that cupcake, I would buy her a candy bar to replace it. She still said no. Then I said I would buy her one of those huge candy bars not the small ones. She still said no. Finally, I asked her one more time if I could have it and if she would give it to me I would buy her not just the big candy bar, but a toy too. I couldn't believe I was bribing my little girl for her cupcake. My mother was sitting there laughing at me. She couldn't believe I was going on so about that cupcake. I was bound and determined to obtain that cupcake. My daughter stood there for a moment contemplating my offer. She finally gave me the cupcake. After not having eaten much for so long, that cupcake tasted like the best darn cupcake I ever had in my life. My daughter made out pretty well too. She did get her big candy bar and a Spongebob Squarepants toy. I can't believe I actually bribed her with candy and a toy. That is definately not like me AT ALL!!! I guess post op hunger can do that to you!:D LOL!!!!
I hope nobody thinks I am a too terrible.

Take Care!
Gail

I loved your story:D Sounds like some tactics that I'd attempt...especially for sweets. I think I'm going to make some cupcakes & freeze them prior to my surgery (just in case!!)

I LOVE IT!

I LOVE IT!

This story made my day...I really needed a laugh. Thanks a lot, Gail! I had the problem that everything tasted horrible, and I craved things I saw on TV, especially ribs and Coke.

Thanks again for the story.

Shortly after surgery I saw this cupcake I wanted, too! But my wife just gave me a swat and told me to keep my hands off the nurses!

Seriously, I just found out today from my wife's cousin that when I was "out of it" for 3 days after my 14 hour surgery, the way my wife tried to get me to wake up was to tell me how CUTE this one nurse was, and that I just HAD to see her!!! When that didn't wake me up is when she started worrying:D

P.S.
Johnny, the power of suggestion is strong...now I'm gonna have to go have ribs for lunch!

Enjoyed the cupcake story and all the following posts...we are really a crazy bunch! I love you.

Big Juicy Hamburgers

Big Juicy Hamburgers

From Wendy's with everything on them..Yummmm..Icraved them about 2 weeks after surgery.:D Bonnie

Hey Gail,
Maybe you could do a video re-enactment of the cupcake event, and we could show it at the next reunion ;-)

And Bonnie, stop it! Now I gotta go to Wendy's!!

The whole situation was pretty funny. My mother just sat there laughing at me. I know she wished she had a video camera to catch it all on film. It would be pretty funny to watch. I know my little girl would love to do a re-enactment, she would get more candy and toys out of it.:D

Take Care!
Gail

John, I went to Wendy's last week. My daughter and granddaughter gave me a choice of all the restaurants in town to have lunch for my birthday - I chose Wendy's and whatta good burger. Don't splurge on burgers much but a birthday is a good time to do it, you think?

Gail,

I understand exactly why you bribed your little girl. LOL! Cute story! I know after my surgery I absolutely lived on Cappucino Blasts from Baskin Robbins, It was the only thing I coud get and keep down post-op. Everyone in my family always called before coming to visit asking if I needed anything and they all knew not to come if the didn't have a capp. blast for me. :p :p :p

Thanks for sharing this delightful story. It brightened my day.

-- roy --

post-op food

post-op food

Creed,
In 1969 when I had my first open heart...one of the problems they had to deal with was I lost my appetite!!! To the point of starvation. Finally my mother came up with a plan, although it was forbiden food. She snuck KFCs chicken and Hy-C orange juice up to my room. Two of my favorite foods. But it stoped my loosing any more wt. I then survived the next 28 days.
Medtronic of borg

gail

Wow ! When you get the hungries, there's no stopping you it seems. You made me smile. Come hell or high water, you were going to get that cupcake. chuckle, chuckle-- :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back