For you Oldtimers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

Like me..:p I was age 12 when we first got a small, black and white T.V. in Alabama..My favorite show was Hit Parade.:) Every Sat. night they had the top 10 songs..like How much is that doggie in the window..and Oh, my, Papa..ect. the top singers would do them like Peggy Lee..Go from #10 down to #1....I don't remember watching cartoons .....too busy running barefoot and climbing Chinaberry trees and escaping from my older brother and his friends..:mad: :mad: :mad: Was I a little devil then:p :p T

I hate those chinaberry trees. Had one near my back window - had it cut down years ago - chinaberries fell on the ground and I am still cutting out tiny trees every year. Good for barefoot climbing, tho.:D

Chinaberry trees

Chinaberry trees

But great for pounding your brother and his friends while I sat in the top:D

We used to 'bake' blackberry pies in the yard. One day older sister was 'baking' her pie under the chinaberry tree. Guess what my brother climbed up above her - and did right on top of her head. Guess brothers are just made that way.:D :D

Yep

Yep

AND I still run barefoot in the Spring. Only, now, to get away from my Resident Black Bear. Thought I saw his first paw print today. Usually..April before he comes up from my backyard. Sleeps in an old hollar tree down there.Five years in a row..sniffing around..eating my birdseed,, wild blueberries..Have to keep my 5 old goldfish in a pond outside covered..:eek: :eek: They are waking up too... I'm sorry but the devil makes me keep posting funnies about you.:p :p

Bonnie,

Funny you should mention the Hit Parade. I was 1 1/2 -2 years old at the time. There was 8 of us living in an 4 room apartment in Chicago. My three next older sisters slept in the one bedroom, my two brothers slept in bunkbeds in the kitchen(had to be there to believe it) my parents had a Murphy Bed in the living room and I had the privilege of my crib being in the living room. Though I was only two, I remember the Hit Parade well. My parents thought I was sleeping but I was looking through the bars, watching the program. I knew all the popular music when I was just a wee one! Thats probably why I like such a wide variety of music now. My lullabys were the Hit Parade!:D

Latest posts

Back