First time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

To forget to take my coumadin last night. We were camping in the beautiful North Caroline Mountains (Cherokee) only 2 hours from home..After grilling outside and talking (me to other campers):p :p And putting on the old Mash Movie..went to bed. Sat straight up this a.m. at 5 a.m. and said Oh, no. Hubby said what? I forgot to take my coumadin last night..so this is what I did. Took regular dose at 5:15 and a tad more.. Came home to check my INR. Held my breath..2.7..a perfect 3.0 5 days ago.:) Question. Now I will start taking coumadin in the morning with a regular dose 5 mg. (stay on it now in the mornings.) Do any of you think I will drop more tomorrow. Will wait until Sat. morning to test again..HELP..Al:D :D :D Should I add a tad again tomorrow? Or just wait until Sat. morning. Hard to believe I didn't drop more after forgetting to take it.:confused: :confused: Bonnie

Don't double a dose that's for sure. I would just sit it out and see what happens continuing your normal dosing schedule. Your not too high and your not too low, so I think you'll be fine.

Bonnie, I would test again Saturday. It can take 2-3 days for a change to show up. You are handling it the best way you can. Doubling up is a major no no. Keep us posted.

Bonnie,
Everyone has good advice....especially about NOT double dosing. You were only .3 difference from what you consider "normal". The range is very wide for these valves which is good because your INR varies frequently due to many internal and external variables. Forgetting one day is no different than when you are told to not take Coumadin for a day or two before any surgeries or major dental work.... and we don't stroke out. You are doing the right thing in correcting, but having a machine and obsessing about INR would be a major reason to return the thing and live life as you have. Relax!

Hi Les

Hi Les

You cute thing:D :D Like Gina and al says..it takes 2-3 days to get back into your right range. Never being out of range..I wanted to be on top of it.. So, I told Hubby..let's go home so I can test. but just one day..so I wasn't sure it had not dropped way down.:confused: Couldn't help it. tested again today 2.9.. I took regular dose this morning (Have been wanting to go to a morning schedule anyway) but no tad extra....Will test again Sat. to see if that 2-3 days change holds I test every 3 weeks. My clinical nurse says 4 weeks..but I am helping raise an age 11 year old Grandson and a trillion of his friends who call me Granbonny...so talk about NOT being on a regular schedule..:p :p I like just taking 5 mg. every day and not worrying about adding that 10% to get back in range. Obsessed with my INR..NO way. I live life to the fullest:D :D :D No bleeding..No brusing..ect..so best to check if I suspect something. Lucky, I only pay $2.00 for cuvettes.. My Grandson blows that on one video game in an arcade.:p :p :p I just posted to Herb on another Coumadin thread..July 25th when he was going to go off coumadin for 6 days prior to some minor surgery. Will be interesting to all..to see how he fared. Take care. Bonnie

LOL

LOL

Bonnie I know you said you were walking for exercise, but gee, you look great these days!

Gee, if I work really hard maybe I can look that good! LOL

Thanks Gisele

Thanks Gisele

You can hire my personal trainer. Melissa..:p But she is off duty now..having AV done Monday.:) :) Hope I don't gain weight again..never know tho. Ross is quick with the avator's.:p :p Bonnie

Bonnie

Bonnie

Can I borrow that outfit next time I go out? I just love those pink pants! LOL:D :D

Latest posts

Back