First Annual Check Up!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Had my 4 mos late annual checkup after quad bypass & the news was great. Aren't we all a little afraid of that first yearly checkup. Heart is GOOD. And I am proud of my personal miracle, because I truly believe it was.

Only thing he suggested I do was set a walking distance instead of playing it by ear as I do now. Guess I have to have a treadmill because I am NOT WALKING IN MY WOODS! Too afraid of snakes & tree roots. My ole hounddawg was bitten and she's so docile she's not about to protect me.

Talked about chest wires and was told that some drs nowadays are using twisttie wires (like on the bread wrapper w/o the paper )!!!!:)

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Hey Hensylee-

Sounds like you're doing great. It's always a treat to have some good news for a change. Best of health.

Congratulations! That one year (or 16 month) marker is a big one. I'm glad all is well.
Kev

Hi Hensylee,

Congrats on your 1 1/3 yr checkup! I know what you mean when you mentioned the "fear" factor when you go for your first annual checkup! I too had all kinds of thoughts running through my mind regarding my state of health. It sure is a relief to get an excellant report after your exam.

Wishing you many many more years of fantastic Checkups!

Rob

Last edited:
That is absolutely grrrrrreeeeeaaaaatttt news Hensylee!!!

I go for my one year check in Sept.... I just know that it will be okay... what else could go wrong??? lol

I wouldn't walk in those woods either!

Take care,
Zazzy

So pleased for you Hensylee. I hadn't realised it was such a comparatively short time since your ascent of the mountain. Now you can relax again and enjoy life.

Congratulations on a good checkup!

As someone who recently went for her 3 year checkup, I will tell you that the fear factor is there for me before every checkup. I don't know why. I'm feeling great and I can hear my heart working, but I keep waiting for the bad news. I'm usually such an optimist! I guess it's just hard to believe that things can be going so wonderfully well!

Hensylee

Hensylee

Great news ..I'm very pleased for you ...congratulations !!!!!!!!
Scottie

Great Check Up

Great Check Up

Hensylee, great to hear of your good report. I certainly can relate to the fear before the checkups. I am getting my 9 year cancer check up next month and even after nine years, I am tight as a drum when I go to see the DR. Have my year and a half AVR check up next month too...had the echo last week. I get it all done and over with for a while then.

Keep up the good work!

Great News!

Great News!

Isn't it great to get an "A" on your (health) report card.

Congratulations..... and definitely stay out of those woods:D

Take care ~

Thanks Bill - as a matter of fact, I got the treadmill today and have been on it some. Sure is different than plain walking. Got winded pretty quick, but later walked to mailbox at the end of my LOOOOONG driveway (about a block total) and not winded at all, even tho I was going at a good pace.:confused: :confused:

Hi Hensylee,

Congratulation on your great checkup. I commute to Chicago every day by train and bus and walking, so thats how I get my walking in. I havea conservation area right down the end of my dead end street but I won't go walking in the woods unless it's early Spring or late Fall I hope when I go for my 6 month checkup I get as good of a report as you! Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Back