Eyesight

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gillian (in UK)

Since my AVR in March I notice my eyesight has deteriorated considerably. Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if it is a result of the operation, the medication I am on - or just plain old age:mad:

Mine seems to have deteriorated somewhat in anticipation of the event!

In fact, I have found, at previous points in my life, that the natural process of weakening of eyesight with age has tended to cluster itself around stressful events. In other words, rather than deteriorating in a straight line, I go by successive plateaus: things stay at roughly the same level, then shift down in connection with, or contemporaneous with, some major life event. It was that way when I underwent a major bout of depression 18 years ago: my organism also picked that time to move into bifocaldom!

Peter

Hi Gillian

Let me mention first off that my eye site was almost perfect before surgery. Upon returning to driving a car....could not do so at night. The glare from the oncoming cars would almost be blinding. To this day I still experience that, less severe because like anything you get use to it. My regular vision has been effected as well when reading.

Don't know if the two are linked together as there is no medical documentation on this subject just like the blurred vision, floaters, migraines and gray curtain that some of us experience. Maybe it is all optical like they say?

I have had every test under the sun. No TIA's either. It is not constant by any means just concerning.

How's it going with your dental work?

Take care

BTW

BTW

My understanding and experience, BTW, regarding the vitreous floaters are that they are a most natural aging experience but IF THEY RAPIDLY OR NOTICEABLY CHANGE SIZE OR MOBILITY, then you had better get things checked quickly by an opthamologist, as that may indicate impending detachment of the retina.

P.

Its my long sight which is affected. It used to be very acute. Now the TV looks a bit blurred. Reading is fine with my glasses - no change. I am having them tested on Saturday. Maybe need long distance specs now.

Gina - Had my two fillings and have decided to say "bye bye" to three other teeth and a bridge. Just don't want the hassle of constant dental work and worry about infections. My big worry is still my BP which is very high. If the latest increased dose of Tritace doesn't work I shall insist they try something else.

Latest posts

Back