Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave M

Dear VR Friends,

I had my first echo today since my surgery July 17, 2001. There are no leaks around my new aortic valve, no leaks around my mitral valve repair, and my left ventricle has returned to within normal limits with an ejection fraction of 55%. I was hoping for a higher EF, but I am thankful for a good report. Again, thank you for this web site and for your support.

Congratulations Dave! It's always a pleasure to hear about such a good report. You must have been a very good boy!

Dave:

To have your left ventricle already returned to normal is very good indeed; it often takes many months for the heart to return to normal size after valve surgery. Sometimes, if the surgery was delayed too long, the heart never returns to normal size.

No leaks is definitely something to celebrate!

I think the reduced EF is somewhat normal this soon after your surgery. Give it some more time!

Echo

Dear Dave,

Very good news! You must be very happy with a good report like that. I hope your recovery continues to be just as good!

Congratulations!
Becky:)

Latest posts

Back