e-thrombosis, a new disease, a new indication for coumadin!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Dr. Richard Beasly of the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand reports the first documented case of what he calls e-thrombosis in a young man who developed deep vein thrombosis in one leg followed by near fatal pulmonary emboli.The patient spent over eighteen hours a day at his computer. Dr. Beasly says e-thrombosis is closely related to air travel thrombosis and may be avoided by getting up and walking around ten minutes each hour. If one is either unwilling or unable to do this anticoagulation is indicated.

Last edited:
I saw that earlier and told the folks at the security forum that they should all be placed on Coumadin, Plavix and 81mg Aspirin, Lovenox, and Heparin, that way they'd never have to worry about a clot. :D

Last edited:
The possibility has crossed my mind when I have spent several hours answering e-mail etc.

Fortunately my mind has always conked out before the blood has clotted.

But I think that the race is on to see whether the mind or the blood deteriorates faster from this point onward.

Latest posts

Back