dreamworld etc theme park rides

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

westie

it is nearly 6 months since my mitral valve replacement surgery; totally successfull, no complications and i live life exactly the same i did BEFORE i was diagnosed.

i am going to take my 15 year old daughter over to surfers paradise in australia to do all the theme parks like sea world, dreamland and warner bros and steve irwins aussie zoo; before the christmas rush starts.

but can i ride on the theme park rides?? i have got no health problems and seemingly a perfect heart etc except for the on-x valve (actually, i reckon that is perfect too)

could theme park rides shake my mechanical valve loose or pop the stitches; should i restrict myself to more sedate rides?

has anyone here done the theme parks post op?

Hi Westie,
I love love love roller coasters. I have not gone to an amusement park since my surgery last year but have thought about this many times. I decided there are some roller coasters I will continue to ride but the ones who have a more dangerous element, such as extreme speed, I will skip. For example there is a ride at a nearby amusement park where people describe having near blackout episodes. I think that's something I will avoid but continue riding such roller coasters as the Batman Ride. Just something I decided for me personally....

no roller coasters!

no roller coasters!

hey mary

no way am i going on roller coasters, never again.

a friend of mine tricked me into riding the one at disneyland in 1987, never again.

if i get near a roller coaster, i will be using my "heart condition pass"!

Back