Date for the Prom

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlhudson

Well went and met my surgeon today. Was very impresed. He put me and my wife Chris E. at ease right away. Answered all questions at length.

Here is the scooby: I have 4+ regurgitation and my heart is starting to enlarge. I'm not waiting. Don't really like the alternative. :-(((

November 11, 2002 is my coming out party. 7:30 AM (What will I wear????)

The Doc will have just gotten back from vacation and should be tanned and well rested. Should also be sober too! Just kidding!!!

Go in November 4th for pretesting.

The Doc says he's very confident he can repair the mitral valve, posterior (sp?) leaflet with some torn cusp that can be sewn up. Says should also not have any future complications either. We'll see about that in time.

Either Chris E. or myself will keep you posted. Keep us in your prayers.

:) :)

Last edited:
You are already in prayers and will be on the calendar soon (I don't know how to enter it, or I would). What I hope you will be wearing for your party is what I wore. They swathed me in heated sheets like a cocoon and that was my last memory as I went right under. Wonderful - and so comforting.

You'll certainly be covered with thought and prayer from this end.
I hold high hopes of an uneventful recovery for you.

Those warm blankets didn't help me much once I was in the OR. That room is downright cold. I'm surprised that the surgeon and others aren't wearing jackets! :)

Last edited:
For the coming out party, the trend in fashion appears to be towards something backless :D .

Being comfortable with your surgeon and feeling like you are on the same page will go a long way in reducing anxiety.

Best of luck on the 11th..I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

Hi Ter and Chris E. I see you in something trendsetting.....how about black tie---and I mean just black tie!!! You won't need anything else, it's probably the only thing that won't clash with your hospital robe, and you'll still be "dressed to the nines!!!" Seriously, though, you will be in our thoughts and prayers on the 11th. Please have your wife keep us up to date on your progress. You're smart not waiting, it's not worth taking chances.

Evelyn (And Rossman, how come my little smiley faces won't come down to the bottom where I want them??????????!!!!)

I think it's a good idea that you are getting this taken care of right away. The sooner you have the surgery the less time you have to dwell on it. You will soon be on your way back to feeling like yourself again. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your wife on November 11th.

Take Care!
Creed

Ter - Sounds like you are ready for this. I think the doc being fresh from vacation is also good. He will be sharp and you will do well. I think the repair will be successful, since I don't remember anyone having problems with Mitral repairs. So good luck with this and you will definitely be in my prayers.

Ter,

I had a similar MV repair on 7/30 and am recovering very well. I hope for all the best for you.

I think you are fortunate to have found this group before your surgery as it is a great source of support. I found it only after and missed out on some of the benefit.

My experience was that the little "bumps in the road" during the post-op period were more difficult for my wife than for me. Everyone focuses on support for the patient, but it's also important to have good support for your wife Chris E.

Wishing you all the best.

-- roy --

Latest posts

Back