Cryolife Troubles?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

baw

I have been reading with interest over the past year or so the experiences of the members of this forum with the Cryolife homograft tissue engineered heart valves. Of course, I was quite distressed to read about the unfortunate turn of events Steve in Florida suffered with his Cryolife valve. I was further distressed to read today this blurb on www.bigcharts.com:

"CryoLife still halted after news of SEC probe (CRY) by Michael Baron
CryoLife (CRY) is providing further detail on its investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, which relates to circumstances developing from the Food and Drug Administration's recall of all the human tissue processed by CryoLife for human transplantation since October. The company said the SEC has requested information on its operations in the post-September 1, 2001 period. The company said the SEC's request includes information regarding accounting for the possible recall of the tissue and trading in CryoLife securities. Steven Anderson, the company's president and CEO, is cooperating fully with the investigation. Trading in the stock is halted."

Seems there has been a recall of the Cryolife valves processed since October. Does anyone have any further information about this?

Thanks for the sympathy! I'm doing better now, although I ended up again in an ambulance and the ER a couple of weeks ago, but just as a precaution. Something happened while I was sleeping and woke up with pulse and blood pressure sky high, probably as a reaction to some arrythmia or something.

Still, my overall situation has stabilized with mild leakage and minimal symptoms.

I may sue CryoLife, if they survive all this. I'll keep you guys posted.

Latest posts

Back