coumadin and hairloss

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

I think I remembered reading on one of the forums that some people who take coumadin have hairloss???? Just wondering. I'm not thinning yet, but my hair tends to fall out easily. My INR is finally in range at 2.25.

That would be me

That would be me

Yes indeedy I had hairloss, but it wasn't until about 2 months after my surgery and starting Coumadin. Over about six weeks I had a steady shower of hair falling out, and it eventually got very thin. It also refused to let me comb it back like I had been for 20 years, but insisted on more of a bad combover from the side. It has since returned thick as ever, and I'm back to my old hairstyle.

Joy

Joy

I've read that too about hair loss, but it seems quite the opposite with me, I usually have quite a bit of hairloss especially after haircoloring it, not this time, the shower drain was almost empty of hair.

Do read Al's info on warfarinfo.com, it will help ease your mind.:p

Terry40

After my valve replacement and beginning Coumadin, I experienced hair loss for probably 9 months. I lost quite a bit every time I washed my hair. Which was every day! It eventually subsided. I didn't know what was causing it. Maybe just the stress from surgery? I also had hair loss after having my hysterectomy 5 years ago. But, since having become a member of this site, I have realized that it could have been from the Coumadin.

Hope this helps.

I tell the kids who have their head shaved on the sides and sticking up in the middle that their haircut is backwards.

Good excuse...

Good excuse...

I've often wondered what I would look like with a shaved head, and this might be my chance. Don't have to go to work for several weeks, so if I don't like it I can let it grow back. Plus I can blame it on the meds...

Just can't let my wife catch me shaving it...

Swill

Swill

Shave it before the surgery and write THIS SIDE UP across it..:D :D Really, the less you have to worry about..shampoo's ect..the better...Bonnie

You know, my hair has not come back at all since I started taking Coumadin.

Latest posts

Back