Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 4-4

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cooker said:
....I will pm you with some url's for points and tips.

We're sitting here drumming our fingers on the table....tips, tips tips....where are they???:D

No, seriously, any tips would be greatly appreciated. You and pjmomrunner have done awesomely well on WW that I am kind of inclined to listen to what you have to say.

On our first day back we added a half-hour walk. At moderate intensity that's 2 points worth, right?

Wise said:
We're sitting here drumming our fingers on the table....tips, tips tips....where are they???:D

No, seriously, any tips would be greatly appreciated. You and pjmomrunner have done awesomely well on WW that I am kind of inclined to listen to what you have to say.

On our first day back we added a half-hour walk. At moderate intensity that's 2 points worth, right?

I'll answer for the chimp:rolleyes: . . . he's up to some simian shenanigans, I suspect!:eek:
Yes, 2 points is right, Wise.
I'm glad you and Cindy have rejoined the Weigh In. Weight Watchers is working very well for me, and I hope you do well on it too.
What day do you weigh in for WW?

cooker said:
DAMN!!!!....Back up:mad: :mad: :mad: .....whatev:rolleyes: :p
I'm up a little too. But only one of the two pounds I went down. I completely blame my husband, though. It was his turn to "cook" so he decided to do "Taco Mac" (Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese with taco meat in it). That didn't sound very healthy to me, so I suggested I pick up something... We ended up with pizza. I did pick up some salad greens and eat that beforehand to keep me from pigging out on the pizza, but the sodium still did some damage... Oh, well. Tonight we're doing sushi with friends. I'm going to skip the soy sauce. Or at least go light. ;)

Mary said:
I'll answer for the chimp:rolleyes: . . . he's up to some simian shenanigans, I suspect!:eek:
Yes, 2 points is right, Wise.
I'm glad you and Cindy have rejoined the Weigh In. Weight Watchers is working very well for me, and I hope you do well on it too.
What day do you weigh in for WW?

Sorry, I miss this post earlier. We weighed yesterday this week, but our official weigh-in day will be Tuesday because that's the day of the most convenient meeting.

It's really good to be on WW. I'm glad to have the new material and the website referral you and Cooker sent me. I signed up there; there is a lot of info. I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with it.

Ok....I did pretty well today.....2 Chic-fil-A grilled sandwiches and a coleslaw.... a few breath mints, Chimp breath and customer satisfaction index don't always mix well:D :p ....dinner???...may skip it.

Mmm... soup. :p

Today I was reading a book to my kindergarten classes called "Growing Vegetable Soup" by Lois Ehlert. It made me SO hungry for fresh vegetable soup. So after work I stopped by the local farmer's market and picked up some carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, garlic, and spinach (all for only $7 :D ) and made myself some low sodium (but not low flavor!) vegetable soup. I also had some little shell pasta and ground beef that I added to the mix. Mmm-mm good! And I have enough left overs to last me a week! (Literally. I have 7 servings left!) I think I'll be having soup and salad for the next several days at work. :D

Gnusgal said:
Mmm... soup. :p

Today I was reading a book to my kindergarten classes called "Growing Vegetable Soup" by Lois Ehlert. It made me SO hungry for fresh vegetable soup. So after work I stopped by the local farmer's market and picked up some carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, garlic, and spinach (all for only $7 :D ) and made myself some low sodium (but not low flavor!) vegetable soup. I also had some little shell pasta and ground beef that I added to the mix. Mmm-mm good! And I have enough left overs to last me a week! (Literally. I have 7 servings left!) I think I'll be having soup and salad for the next several days at work. :D

Recipe??? That sounds good! The spinach sounds like a good addition to vegetable soup too.

Wise said:
Recipe??? That sounds good! The spinach sounds like a good addition to vegetable soup too.
That was pretty much the recipe. ;)

Seriously, what I did was (in a soup pot) saute the onions and garlic in a little bit of olive oil, then added the ground beef until it was browned. While browning the meat I added ground red pepper and lemon pepper. I threw in the carrots, tomatoes and potatoes and tossed them around with the beef for a few seconds, then added water (enough to cover it all, plus some). When the water was boiling I added a tsp. of "very low sodium" chicken stock powder (didn't have beef, or I would have used that) and the tiny shell pasta. I let that cook for 8 minutes (because that's how long the pasta said it needed), then I added the mushrooms, squash and zucchini. I let that cook about 2 minutes (I like my squash and zucchini to still have some crunch to it), turned off the stove and added the chopped up spinach.

Voila! Veggie soup! :D

I've been very good this week in sticking to low-carbing, which includes drinking lots of water. I'm resisting getting on the scales because I'm really motivated right now and I don't want to blow it by seeing a disappointing weight.

I made these last night and they are very good. You wouldn't want to snack on a ton.

Sweet and Spicy Pecans

2 cups raw pecan halves
1 egg white
3/4 Splenda
1 tsp McCormick Caribbean Jerk seasoning (my fav - you could probably use anyting with some spice in it. or you could use cinnamon.)

Preheat oven to 325 and spray a baking sheet liberally with a cooking spray.

Beat egg white until frothy. Add the Splenda and seasoning and thoroughly mix in.

Add pecans and stir until all pieces are well-coated.

Spread pecans in a single layer on the backing sheet.

Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Watch carefully so you don't over-roast/burn them.

Let cool and put in covered container or ziplock bag.

Then there's Faux Rice - I love having rice with certain dishes but it is really bad for low-carb eating (even brown rice) so I read about doing this.

Use the cheese shredder blade on your food processor and shred a head of cauliflower.

Cook on stove top or in microwave with a little water.

I cooked about 3 cups worth in the microwave (covered) with a few tbls. of water and it took about 6 minutes.

I fixed some to have with dinner last night. After Glenn got done eating I asked him how he liked the rice. He said "It was rice. You know me, I'm not a big rice fan. But it was fine." I then told him it wasn't rice it was cauliflower. And he was shocked. Now he doesn't have the most discriminating palette, but he was fooled. He doesn't like rice because it usually means it's with a dish that doesn't have as much meat as he likes.:rolleyes:

Karlynn said:
Then there's Faux Rice - I love having rice with certain dishes but it is really bad for low-carb eating (even brown rice) so I read about doing this.

Use the cheese shredder blade on your food processor and shred a head of cauliflower.

Cook on stove top or in microwave with a little water.

I cooked about 3 cups worth in the microwave (covered) with a few tbls. of water and it took about 6 minutes.

I fixed some to have with dinner last night. After Glenn got done eating I asked him how he liked the rice. He said "It was rice. You know me, I'm not a big rice fan. But it was fine." I then told him it wasn't rice it was cauliflower. And he was shocked. Now he doesn't have the most discriminating palette, but he was fooled. He doesn't like rice because it usually means it's with a dish that doesn't have as much meat as he likes.:rolleyes:
That sounds pretty cool! I'm going to have to try that. :D Thanks for the suggestion!

Back