Cooker's Throwdown Friday .... 3/6/2015

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Going to make this short as I'm not feeling my best today... I have been on again off again but weight is not that bad this morning.

Hope everyone is well and making progress!!!

2015 Starting Weight: 243.50
Last Week's Weight: 237.25
This Week's Weight: 237.50

Tom...sorry to read that you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon...in time for the weekend.

The report from me is pretty good, actually. This is my sixth day at home following my discharge last Saturday. My appetite has returned and my taste buds are almost back to normal. My last weight was 192.0 but that probably includes some fluid weight. I am eating whatever I want right now to try yo help re-gain some of my strength. I do 30 minute walks in the house and climb the steps to the upstairs several times a day. So progress is slow but steady at this point. I meet with my primary care physician next Tuesday. The week after that I meet with both my surgeon and my cardiologist. I'd like to get off some ot the more difficult drugs they have me on currently like Amiodarone and the lopressor but I guess that will have to wait until I see the cardio. My heart rate is fine at 50-60, no palpitations and no Afib as far as I can tell anyway. Working on getting stronger...for me that is job No. 1.

Glad to hear you're doing better Jim. You'll probably feel better as you get off some of the meds, I found it a little strange that I was only sent home on a diuretic to lose the water weight and a potassium supplement while I was on that. Your heart rate sounds great, thats where mine normally is but not there yet. My resting was in the 90's when I got home but resting rate in the high 70's now.

Jim, great to hear that your recovery is progressing well. Mr. Chimp, sorry you still don't feel quite up to par.

I have battled the creeping crud all week. No fun. Might finally be over the worst of it now. Not sure about effect on weight.

Last edited:
I admire The Chimp for his willingness to post actual weight numbers. I've done that occasionally, but am self-conscious about it so usually just speak of trends. Anyway, after being up 4 a few weeks ago, I am back down to my weight that I had attained after my Cardiac Rehab 10 years ago, which seems to be my set point. Would like to do a breakout and peel 5 off that this Spring. Am gradually getting over the creeping crud, I think -- the crud may have helped me with weight loss but ...
:Happy:I don't want any more help like that!

Glad Jim is mending well... slow and steady my friend... eat, walk, sleep.... repeat...

Bob... the crud is no way to lose weight!!! .... We have both been struggling with this weight but we keep coming back and trying ... if we don't give up we may win the war someday!!!

I have had a MILD case of the crud but think it is gone ..when I remarked to my cardiologist that I would love to lose 50 pound he said I would be amazed at the difference it would make in my life... wonder if he would trade free cardio care for 50 pounds lost... doubt it!!!

Yes, the crud is lingering here, too. That's what the crud does. PIE -- yes, why didn't I think of that? Cobbler is good too. But it may be time to roll out my ultimate weapon to end this scourge -- HOT Krispy Kremes! :Face-Raspberry:

Superbob;n853929 said:
Yes, the crud is lingering here, too. That's what the crud does. PIE -- yes, why didn't I think of that? Cobbler is good too. But it may be time to roll out my ultimate weapon to end this scourge -- HOT Krispy Kremes! :Face-Raspberry:

Yes yes yes!!!! Even if they don't cure the crud you really don't care!!

Or you could have a pint of Ben & Jerry's for dinner. I may know someone that does that every now and then. In spite of my love of Chunky Monkey, Salted Caramel Core, Americone Dream, Blueberry Graham Swirl, Milk & Cookies and the like, I'm down 7 lbs over the past 6 weeks. I'll take that!!

Mr. Chimp & Bob, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Jim, I'm thinking you could probably use a pint to help keep your energy up!!

Lisa2;n854096 said:
Or you could have a pint of Ben & Jerry's for dinner. I may know someone that does that every now and then. In spite of my love of Chunky Monkey, Salted Caramel Core, Americone Dream, Blueberry Graham Swirl, Milk & Cookies and the like, I'm down 7 lbs over the past 6 weeks. I'll take that!!

Mr. Chimp & Bob, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Jim, I'm thinking you could probably use a pint to help keep your energy up!!

Thanks, LIsa -- the ice cream as entree sounds good but I'm going with my Krispy Kreme prescription -- may have to drop by and have one with a coffee. Okay, maybe two -- but not a whole box! :Face-Smile:

Latest posts

Back